Quantcast

Death Line Blu-ray Review & Comments

Evinger

Cas, you are pulling overtime here, busy on a Sunday! :)

Thank you for the Review. Donald Pleasance is easily one of those Actors that the kids of Today don't even know existed - if they actually watched a Movie he was in & he got pointed out, it would be "Oh, THAT Guy!". A shame, considering everything he has done.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Every time I got in a lift or on the Subway I would say "Mind The Doors" out loud in a creepy voice, my father in-law said why do you always say that, it was completely lost on everyone.

moedeeb

This film completely passed me by. I might give it a try. Another good review but I wonder if the “Best the film has ever looked” pull quote is standard on every review AV forums publishes these days?

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
This film completely passed me by. I might give it a try. Another good review but I wonder if the “Best the film has ever looked” pull quote is standard on every review AV forums publishes these days?
Definitely not the case, look what they did to predator (previous release) and more recently the awful ghost in the shell 4k disc!

Many thanks for the review Cas, Love these classic british horrors. The monster club is one of my favorites :)

Filmondisc

Novice Member
Nice review except it didn't really tell me how this new release compares picture quality wise to the existing Blue Underground transfer. I have since found a clip on Youtube from Network company who released this new version and a comparison has already been made elsewhere with an existing blu-ray.com frame grab. It seems it is a completely different transfer?!

The frame grabs made by someone else...

How accurate these are I'm not sure but the picture area is definitely different.

davidjohnson

Distinguished Member
Is this the one where Pleasance plays a chief inspector type who has a coal fireplace and dartboard in his office? He also always orders the female police officer to make the tea etc.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Is this the one where Pleasance plays a chief inspector type who has a coal fireplace and dartboard in his office? He also always orders the female police officer to make the tea etc.
Yup, and she always leaves the bag in!