1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealers of Sony HS-50 Optoma H57 Mitsubishi HC900... Lend me your ears!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by maj74, Jan 4, 2005.

1. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi,

OK here's the deal....

I'm after an upgrade.. I currently own a Sharp PG-M20X projector (XGA 1500 Lumens, 1000:1 contrast)which has given me good service as my home cinema machine but I now want to take the next step up....

After extensive reading and looking at all the comments from people on this forum I now know these are the 3 units I want to see in action, (against mine, to see how big a step up they are!!).

Is there anywhere in East Anglia, London, South-East who can show me these three machines or any of them in operation?

Here's the incentive half of the deal!!!!!!!!

I am deputy-headteacher at a school in Ipswich during the day. We need to install at least 9 projectors in classrooms in the next 2 or 3 months. (Sony VPL-DS100 or Epson EMP-54 or something equivalent, that sort of spec machine anyway.)

If any of you suppliers / dealers out there can offer me a demo of all 3 of my choices AND supply the sort of classroom machines we are after (at a competative price) then you will almost certainly GUARANTEE yourself an order for about 10 projectors.

If you can demo 1 or 2 of my choices then obviously I cannot guarantee an order from the school, but you have a good chance!

I wait with baited breath to see what anyone can offer!

Kind Regards,

Martin.

2. GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you should keep your personal and professional life separate. I would hope you would do the best by your school and hunt for the best deal/service agreement available. Very dangerous leaning on your professional position for personal gain.

3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,664
    It would be against the forum rules for any retailer to reply to your post soliciting business.

4. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    OK...

I can see I could stir up a hornets nest here!!!

As for doing the best by the school.... of course any price for school machines would have to be seriously competative.... I did state that in the original post. School budgets do not allow for ANYTHING else! Dare I say naive to think otherwise... I am not leaning on my position for personal gain other than seeing a projector before I pay for it... I merely have 2 problems to solve and would like to have to deal with 1 retailer.

As for the forum rule... fair enough... I didn't realise that it would actually be breaking forum rules to reply offering me demos....

Presumably a dealer would be able to contact me via e-mail or PM if they were in a position to offer demos? Hope this satisfies forum rules?

Regards

Martin

5. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have sent you an email

cheers Neil