1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealers near Watford-Hertfordshire?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by NMyTree, Feb 28, 2005.

1. NMyTree

NMyTree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone familiar with any friendly and flexible dealers with reasonable prices, in this area?

Let me explain why this Yank is interested in this.

Okay, this may sound a bit whacky to some of you (maybe all of you :D ), but I have a very close friend here in North Carolina from the UK. She is from Watford-Hertfordshire and her mom (mum) still lives there.

As I have mentioned a few times, I would love to purchase the Quad 22L in the Standard Maple finish ( Not the Birdseye Maple), as a second pair (backup) of 22L to my Yew finish 22L.

This summer her mom is coming to visit. I was wondering if I give her the money, while she is here visiting, then have my friend's mom purchase them for me when she returns to the UK, and ship them to me here in the USA?

Is this sort of thing possible? Are there any restrictions that would prevent me from doing so?

Any help, advise or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank You.

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Shipping costs might be steep, but there are a few dealers nearby, I that www.avland.co.uk are in wellingborough which is no more than an hours drive from Watford, they also sell the Quad speakers :). As for reasonable prices, one would need to get on the blower (phone to the yanks :) ) to negotiate with them :).

3. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  4. NMyTree

NMyTree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I've contacted Hi-Fi City, which is very close to where she lives and they can in fact get the standard Maple finish for me. They won't ship it for me, which I figured would be the case, so my friends mom will have to buy them for me and have the box picked up at her home.

I've also spoken with Bax Air and am currently awaiting a quote on the International shipping charge and Insurance. The quote could take up to 48 hours.

Then I'll decide if it's worth it to me, once I get all the figures in.

5. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    If you can't find any joy with BAX, I will GLADLY look after them for you :devil:

6. NMyTree

NMyTree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes Kazman, the shipping is rather steep.

Unless I can get a better price on the speakers, I don't believe I'll be pulling the trigger on this deal. Just not worth it.

" If you can't find any joy with BAX, I will GLADLY look after them for you "

Kazman, would you mind picking the speakers up for me, renting a boat, and gently rowing them across the Atlantic for me? :D :rotfl: