Dealer recommendations? - views requested

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by nijac, Sep 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. nijac

nijac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to buy a new LCD TV, as an upgrade to my old 32" CRT. We've pretty much decided on the Samsung R87 series - although still debating the pros and cons of 37" vs 40" in our lounge (with viewing distance from around 4.5ft to 12 ft). There are many offers around, but from my experience with buying hi fi kit I also know that the dealer can make a big difference (and that cheapest price isn't always best deal).

I'd welcome views on some of the web dealers, in terms of service/back-up/etc. Places I've looked so far include JL (live near Norwich so there is a store nearby as well), Hi Fi Confidential (store is 2 minutes from my office), Empire Direct, LASKYS, RGB and several others. Apologies if this has been asked before - if so, grateful for a link to the thread (my initial search didn't suggest anything).

2. supermac

supermac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Go with JLs with a price match. Great service, they exchanged my problem TV after a month with no questions asked and just took my word for it. With most people paying their full price they can afford the service levels