Dealer insist post cheque to my home address

hyeongseong

Hi All :

Just part exchange my car in a honda dealer and got some money back . The dealer insist on post the cheque to my home address instead of just give it to me . Is this normal ? I ask them to put it on my debit card but they refused saying it is their policy that they post the cheque out.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Might be anti money laundering type thing, or they just want to slow the transaction down have they shown you this "policy" in documentation have you spoken to the head of accounts?

hyeongseong

I was in a really hurry to get back to work , so didn't really check their policy . I just feel wierd they won't give your money when exchange car.

stu.artd

Hi All :

Just part exchange my car in a honda dealer and got some money back . The dealer insist on post the cheque to my home address instead of just give it to me . Is this normal ? I ask them to put it on my debit card but they refused saying it is their policy that they post the cheque out.

My guess is they've done this so they get the sale this month but don't have to pay you for the part ex until next month. Maybe looks better as far as their accounts go ?

FishDUDE

If it was my garage then we would rather settle debts in the same month. saying that I would neer refund a balance on a debit card, unless I was refunding a debit payment.

I would however raise a cheque and hand it too you.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom