Dealer accepting trade in goods

S

superaffordable

Hi

Anybody knows of any AV retailers who are willing to accept old (but new) merchandise to trade in towards a new sale.?

I am talking of a retailer from which the article to trade has not been bought from

Thanks

You can often get a part-ex price from reputable dealers, however eBay or the classifieds these very forums would most likley return at least as good a price and quite likely a higher one.

What do you have to part-ex?

Mark.

Try looking around for dealers who sell second hand kit ... all depends on what you've got, and how old it is.

When we were looking at trading in my RA1060 (10 week old, £550 new) we were offered between £180 and £300 against other goods.

Vikki

Thanks

What I have to trade in the techicns CD/DVD player with 5.1 surround, etc

http://www.superaffordable.com/hifi.html
(the picture here is of a very bad quality)

Is almost brand new with only 5 or 6 months of age and less than 20 hours of use

I would like £375 without and £450 with cabinet (althought of course I dont expect a dealer to want the cabinet)

I want to buy the denon avr2802 - 2083, a decent dvd player and all the speakers minus the sub which I already got one

I phone few dealers around here but they only offer me up to £250 but for that they are charging me well over £300 extra on the money that the same product (just talking about the receiver just yet) sells in the net so at the end of the day they are offering me nothing if you know what I mean

If I do that, I will be paying more than on the net and yet I will no longer have the hifi so I would have lost twice if you know what I mean

If I do that, I will be paying more than on the net and yet I will no longer have the hifi so I would have lost twice if you know what I mean

You really are answering your own question here... If you want to pay net prices you'll need to sell it yourself.

For a quick sale these forums are excellent. For highest price possibly eBay? Part Ex-ing with any dealer will never be cost effective.

Having said that, buying from a dealer where you can demo kit and not make expensive mistakes by buying without hearing it first has it's value.

Mark.

The classified ads parts of all the HiFi and Hc magazines are full of shops which will buy in,and deal in ex-dem/used goods,but I'd also say that you are most likely to get a good price by going through ebay(I sold a Kef sub a while back and got only a little less than I originally paid for it).

The dealers will all have a profit margin to factor in when buying stock,and electrical goods of this sort don't hold their value well.

Thanks guys

The above hifi is here in the classifieds but got buried in just two days.

I am going to close the thread and I will try ebay to see if I have some more luck

Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom