Deadwood - Completely Dead ?

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing the DH4 trailer with Deadwoods squeaky clean sheriff now the bad guy (and he's not even british:eek:)
Reminded me.
Is that the end of Deadwood. Cut off just when it seemed to be going somewhere.
I thought there were some rumours that they might put together a "final episode" possibly on DVD.
Anyone know anything ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadwood_(TV_series)#Cancellation:
On May 13, 2006, HBO confirmed it has opted not to pick up the options of the actors, which were set to expire on June 11, 2006. This means that a fourth season with the current cast as it stands is unlikely, though HBO has stressed that the show is not cancelled and talks regarding its future are ongoing. The chance of the show returning in its current state of cast and crew, however, is limited.

On June 5, 2006, HBO and creator David Milch agreed to make two two-hour telefilms in place of a fourth season, after Milch declined a short-order of 6 episodes. This is because in the show's original form, each season was only a few weeks in length, with each episode being one day, in the town of Deadwood. The final two-hour format will release these time restraints and allow for a broader narrative to finish off the series.

In a January 13, 2007 interview, David Milch stated that he still intends to finish the 2 films, if possible.

i've always wanted to watch deadwood, but never got round to it..is it worth starting now, i mean is there no "ending" as such?

first series is great....second ok but not as good i felt.
picked my box sets up for 20 quid a pop.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom