Deadpool 2 / Once Upon a Deadpool

Rate Me

• Total voters
No I think you’ll find very few films do it. If you only go and see blockbuster fare then maybe....

Iron Man Series
Thor Series
Captain America Series
Avengers Series

Probably more but am bouncing between Star Trek Online and World of Warcraft atm.

@alphaomega16 If you feel so strongly about credits in films, something that's been happening for years, just start a new thread. Bring TV into the discussion too because they've been doing pre and post credit scenes ever since I can remember.

I mainly commented because I felt your comments on the end credits and to a lesser extent your still miss understanding of the timing of the opening credits as a bit spoilery, regardless of not quoting you word for word.

@alphaomega16 If you feel so strongly about credits in films, something that's been happening for years, just start a new thread. Bring TV into the discussion too because they've been doing pre and post credit scenes ever since I can remember.

Missing the point again which I have already explained. I'll just leave it for now as its clearly not getting through.

Iron Man Series
Thor Series
Captain America Series
Avengers Series

Probably more but am bouncing between Star Trek Online and World of Warcraft atm.

It’s all one franchise. Each film hints toward the next. It’s kinda what the MCU is built on.....You might aswell complain there’s to many superhero’s in them, or they’re to reliant on special fx.

It’s all one franchise. Each film hints toward the next. It’s kinda what the MCU is built on.....You might aswell complain there’s to many superhero’s in them, or they’re to reliant on special fx.

As I said they give hints to the next film which I don't mind but it was different with DP2 when it ends up being part of the film itself.

it's only part of the film if it was (movie) real and there's another film with Vanessa in. But then if it's real, Ryan Reynolds is now dead, how does that work? :D

Second viewing tonight, which will be my last until the UHD disc hits the mat. My issues didn’t alter particularly, first half of the film feels pretty generic. Second half is great fun.

Watched this on Sunday afternoon as it was the only viewing I could make. Cinema was half full (Expected it was a really nice sunny day) Loved it.

I'd say it's on par with the first, perhaps not as good, but still pretty damn good for a sequel. I will definitely see if I could get another viewing in to pick up on all the little things you miss during the initial first view.

Watched this on Sunday afternoon as it was the only viewing I could make. Cinema was half full (Expected it was a really nice sunny day) Loved it.

I'd say it's on par with the first, perhaps not as good, but still pretty damn good for a sequel. I will definitely see if I could get another viewing in to pick up on all the little things you miss during the initial first view.

check out any easter eggs your may have missed or before your next visit

https://www.avforums.com/threads/de...by-david-leitch.2023671/page-13#post-26225814

#373 https://www.avforums.com/threads/de...by-david-leitch.2023671/page-13#post-26221622

Unfortunately we seem to be the minority on here, most of this forum seem to love em. It’s even worse when the post crest scene absolutely sucks too.
I hate them as well. I tend to leave the cinema and just watch the post credits later on YouTube.

May 21, 2018 03-49-05.jpg
May 21, 2018 03-49-26.jpg

Green Lantern Jokes Embraced by WB After Deadpool 2

Ryan Reynolds Hilariously Responds to WB Wanting Green Lantern's Ring Back

If anybody left before the credit scenes started they are up on youtube.

"Deadpool 2 After Credits"

1:49 crooked screen one, should be second on list.

that would be you :laugh:

On the contrary, if that was the case I wouldn't have been moaning about this kind of BS happening.

Here are credits, oooooo some more of the film, oh look more credits, oh look another part of the film, oh more credits, oh more of the film that they couldn't just show in one ******* stretch at the end of the film.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but the Empire magazine is doing a limited edition Deadpool talking cover. My local Tesco had around 8 copies. I pressed everyone of them and nothing happened. As I started walking away they started going off one after the other.

Bri

Like many, I am a huge fan of the first Deadpool movie. At a superficial level, it drew an audience with a promise of juvenile quips and frenzied bloodlust (let us not forget that an early trailer was classified 18 by the BBFC). However, a closer inspection reveals a commercially astute approach to comedy and action that does not pander to the conservatism of studio bigwigs and bean counters. I believe that Deadpool’s explicit nature and profanity are secondary to impeccable timing and delivery, akin to recent comedy masterpieces as Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Modern Family, proving that there is a market for mature content appealing to a mainstream audience.

That said, I was a touch underwhelmed by Deadpool 2.

The appetite for a second film was enormous, yet somehow, I was more entertained by the viral marketing than the film itself. However, it did not stop me watching the film twice; during both instances, I witnessed the same collective behaviour from the audience. There was visible anticipation, with the opening gag resulting in a brief but unanimous “ha!”. Here was an audience with high expectations and looking for a good time. As the film progressed however, the audience reaction became increasingly sporadic and remote – a far cry from my experience in the first film.

The problem I had was it tried too hard to be funny, which became notably apparent during my second viewing. I was not entirely silent however; several of the jokes struck gold and had me in tears of laughter. But overall, it does not hold well to repeated viewings; I was not convinced by the humour and irony during some of the darker chapters. Moreover, the supporting characters from the first film became simply irritating in the sequel. That said – I thought Cable was brilliant; Josh Brolin can do no wrong at the minute and his chemistry with Reynolds was a joy to behold.

Deadpool 2 eventually finds its stride during the second half, with a beautifully emotional rendition of A-ha’s “Take on Me,” along with poignant tribute to the 1985 music video, playing on the fantasy-portal narrative (who remembers the pencil-drawn animation?). I must admit that that scene may have resulted in a few tears.

I am glad for fans of the original who loved this film and wish it success in the box office. I enjoyed elements of Deadpool 2, but ultimately between this and the original, I know which one I will be watching more often.

A 6-ish (give or take) feels about right to me.

PS: Has one of the most subtle uses of the "Stan Lee cameo" which I only glimpsed during the second viewing. Nicely played..!

Last edited:
Cable got the funniest lines IMO. Deadpool provided plenty of chuckles, but like some have said, it strained under the all the effort to be funny I think.

loved it! found it very very funny. i gave it an 8 because i found that there were far too many 'stick my fingers up to dc / marvel universes' and it started to grate a bit :)

end credits were utterly fantastic! loved the going back in time and 'fixing' the timelines

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom