RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 17/09/2018

dp2_4k-jpg.1038335

4K steelbook available, thread: Deadpool 2 (HMV Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Attachments

• DP2_4K.jpg
    DP2_4K.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,298
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Bit of a price hike for old DP2 this time round.

oh right, yeah. Even the standard amary is £25...
*** fox, you've been a solid £20 player until now.
Think we can blame disney/marvel for this one?

Blame Fox/Ryan Reynolds for creating a hit with the first one.

You know the rules, always blame Zavvi ;)... yeah definitely their fault, ignore the £22.99 they're charging, must be a mistake... :D

Blame Fox/Ryan Reynolds for creating a hit with the first one.
well i don't think that specifically has anything to do with it.. this is the first fox UHD to be priced at £25 rrp in the UK. The same as Blade Runner 2049 was the first (and only thus far) sony disc to be priced at £25 rrp in the UK - but that was probably governed by WB US matching their £25 rrp standard for new discs.

Which is making me think this may be a Marvel thing now that disney own fox to sync up with it's MCU pricing.

You know the rules, always blame Zavvi ;)... yeah definitely their fault, ignore the £22.99 they're charging, must be a mistake... :D
Well that's a first, zavvi actually being cheaper :rotfl:

well i don't think that specifically has anything to do with it.. this is the first fox UHD to be priced at £25 rrp in the UK. The same as Blade Runner 2049 was the first (and only thus far) sony disc to be priced at £25 rrp in the UK - but that was probably governed by WB US matching their £25 rrp standard for new discs.

Which is making me think this may be a Marvel thing now that disney own fox to sync up with it's MCU pricing.

You don't think Fox wouldn't want the price hiked up due to how well the first film was received?

Disney doesn't own Fox yet, and not if Comcast have anything to do with it either.

You don't think Fox wouldn't want the price hiked up due to how well the first film was received?

Disney doesn't own Fox yet, and not if Comcast have anything to do with it either.
Do they not yet? Fair, it just sounded a touch coincidental imo.

I mean i suppose so.. but surely they'd have wanted to do the same for others like Logan, war for the planet of the apes, xmen, covenant, greatest showman etc...

Feels like it's a recent choice for the marvel brand. Imagine the new xmen will be priced the same.

Do they not yet? Fair, it just sounded a touch coincidental imo.

I mean i suppose so.. but surely they'd have wanted to do the same for others like Logan, war for the planet of the apes, xmen, covenant, greatest showman etc...

Feels like it's a recent choice for the marvel brand. Imagine the new xmen will be priced the same.

Dare I say none of those films mentioned have the same hype behind them as Deadpool 2 does.

It could very well be a Marvel thing, but for me, I'd say it was Fox capitalising on the success of the original and requested the pricing to be what HMV/Amazon (currently) have up. Certainly not buying it from Zavvi, even if they are £2 cheaper.

Lets hope we see a small price drop between now and Aug/Sept before it's eventual release.

Dare I say none of those films mentioned have the same hype behind them as Deadpool 2 does.

It could very well be a Marvel thing, but for me, I'd say it was Fox capitalising on the success of the original and requested the pricing to be what HMV/Amazon (currently) have up. Certainly not buying it from Zavvi, even if they are £2 cheaper.

Lets hope we see a small price drop between now and Aug/Sept before it's eventual release.
I suppose not, those are probably the biggest releases fox have had since UHD - but as you say, they don't exactly hit deadpool hype. Apart from possibly Logan. If i wasn't after the steel i'd buy from zavvi at £23 - 10%, I'd be surprised if the rrp drops now - atleast not for the steelbook anyway.

Pricing aside, I am not sure why Fox can only do a 2K DI as opposed to the first one which got a 4K DI :confused:

Pricing aside, I am not sure why Fox can only do a 2K DI as opposed to the first one which got a 4K DI :confused:

Possibly as the first one was quite low budget so not many special effects therefore less expensive to make 4k, due to the success of the first, the 2nd gets a bigger budget, more special effects and thus rendered at 2k. A quandary...

Smart explanation but why not finish the VFX in 2K and the rest in 4K. Need to check IMDb tech specs again. :)
Possibly as the first one was quite low budget so not many special effects therefore less expensive to make 4k, due to the success of the first, the 2nd gets a bigger budget, more special effects and thus rendered at 2k. A quandary...

For those interested this has just shown up as UHD on Vudu, $19.99. Making this the first 4K fox digital title I think. May be of use to those using the work arounds to use the US services.

Mario has the 4k (no code or blu) in stock for under £20. looks like theatrical and extended come on separate discs though, so only getting one version if bought off Mario.

Last edited:
So their seem quite a few release in the US 4 disc, 2 disc,and few sp-ed,what will be the best buy,to get all cuts of the movies ?.
Will the UK edition have both cuts ?
Details seem :confused: at the moment :eek:

So their seem quite a few release in the US 4 disc, 2 disc,and few sp-ed,what will be the best buy,to get all cuts of the movies ?.
Will the UK edition have both cuts ?
Details seem :confused: at the moment :eek:

Regular UHD release is 4 discs (2x UHD/2x BD) so that will have everything you need.

If the U.K. release follows the Logan format then I expect they will drop the theatrical cut Blu-ray from the set or use seamless branching.

Regular UHD release is 4 discs (2x UHD/2x BD) so that will have everything you need.

If the U.K. release follows the Logan format then I expect they will drop the theatrical cut Blu-ray from the set or use seamless branching.

The only 4 Disc copy i can see is the Wal-Mart exclusive,which is about £55 on e.bay,with a good chance of being hit by customs :(

The only 4 Disc copy i can see is the Wal-Mart exclusive,which is about £55 on e.bay,with a good chance of being hit by customs :(

Reading the posts over on BD Forum the regular UHD will be 4 Disc and there are pictures on eBay showing the UHD includes both cuts on UHD along with Blu-Rays.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom