Deadpool 2 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Cas,

Will be picking this up shortly :)

Thanks for the Review Cas. We missed this at the Cinema and were definitely worried that it would be a let-down after the first one, but from this it sounds like it is well worth picking up :thumbsup:

the film is pretty funny but obviously lacks the breakthrough/shock of the first, and at times you can't help thinking that Ryan Reynolds watched the MASK with Jim Carrey a few times as its very a very similar style with swearing, also the main kid cant act to save his life.

still has a strong supporting cast and some laugh out loud moments 7/10 , original a 9/10 for me

Thanks for the review Cas i've got this film coming tomorrow.

great review cas,have the steelbook arriving tomorrow,hopefully.

I thought this was this on par with the first, very very difficult to make a sequel, especially after the first one did so well.

As above the main kid is a garbage talent, but everything else is spot on, exceeds the first comedy wise I think.

Nice review Cas , thanks.
I've watched the US disc a couple of weeks ago and it's superb, loved the movie when I saw it in theaters and still love it.
For me both movies are excellent !

Tidy review, Cas.
It's very good but suffers from the loss of his strap-on wielding partner for jokes/emotion and the, often, overly long scenes with that soul sucking kid that was meant, ironically, to give it some soul.
But if there's a third outing, count me in.

the film is pretty funny but obviously lacks the breakthrough/shock of the first, and at times you can't help thinking that Ryan Reynolds watched the MASK with Jim Carrey a few times as its very a very similar style with swearing, also the main kid cant act to save his life.

still has a strong supporting cast and some laugh out loud moments 7/10 , original a 9/10 for me

I thought this was this on par with the first, very very difficult to make a sequel, especially after the first one did so well.

As above the main kid is a garbage talent, but everything else is spot on, exceeds the first comedy wise I think.

I couldn’t work out if he was meant to be purposefully terrible to make us want him to die. It was just so bad, cringe child actor 101 surely it was meant to be ironic, surely?!

Still I find bad acting painful to watch and anytime he was on it kind of ruined it for me. Either it was meant to be ironic or they were pandering to the younger demographic, perhaps a bit if both.

I think that I have said this before but Deadpool 1 was basically a comedy, Deadpool is not. Deadpool 2 is a lot more serious but Deadpool himself is still Deadpool. That's what I really liked about this film. I personally enjoyed the film very much and I want to get the disc but just like D1, there is just a little too much *&%$ for me to bring it home.

Interesting what Cas mentions about the 2 cuts having different colour/HDR grading. If I ever do watch it again it gives me even more reason to watch the Super duper cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
not a patch on the 1st. dp1 9.5/10 dp2 6.5, maybe the super-duper cut will add a point or 2?

the fat kid was annoying the shit outta me all the way through the movie

If the kid annoyed you then he did his job ;)
na, it pulled me out of the movie, end up starting to think what im gonna have to eat and other random rubbish

I think the PQ review is mostly spot on. Overall I didn't see any 4K sharpness. Sometimes it felt like watching a 1080p Blu-ray.

Just finished it, first time watching the film. I enjoyed it immensely, it easily passed the six (and ten) laugh test.

Looked and sounded great too.:D

Does it have SOE like the first? Couldn't stand that.

SOE refers to motion smoothing and frame interpolation technologies incorporated into TVs.

How is a 24p 4K bluray supposed to exhibit this phenomenon?

It should be your TV or possbily some scenes were shot super fast like Mad Max Fury Road.

Can you post the timecode so that I can check?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom