Dead Zone On five, Head Up And On TV Tonight

Garrett

Reaction score
Dead Zone starts next week on five on Saturday at 8.30.
I initially watched a few when it was on the Sci-Fi channel, and stopped watching it, but I wish I had stuck with it as after being recommended to try it again I thought the series was excellent.
Please try it.

HI Garrett,

That's awesome news! :)

Well done, Five! :clap:

Pooch

Heads up if you missed this show like me on the Sci-fi channel!
Channel 5 11.55PM
Never seen it so I cannot comment on the show, but I loved the book and the Film :)

The first couple of series aren't too bad but by the time they got to the one currently showing on SciFi channel they appear to have run out of ideas and the scripting and plotting are dire so I have now given up

HI,

Umm, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've got some for you, r.e. Five's transmission's of "The Dead Zone".

1) The late-night showings, only apply for episodes 1 and 2 (i.e. Tonight, and next Tuesday night). After that, it'll be on Saturday nights only.

2) Episodes have been cut to make them suitable for pre-9pm transmission.

3) Alas, because of unsuitable content, Five are only showing nine episodes out of the thirteen, that make-up Season 1. Episodes that WILL be shown are:
- 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8 and 9.

All others, will not be aired, because they are unsuitable for pre-9pm transmission.

My information was taken direct from Five, and a nice lady I spoke to about fifteen minutes prior to this post. I'd recommend people contact Five and ask them to show the series after 9pm (or even late-night), as it deserves to be seen uncut. They can be phoned (in the UK) on: 08457-05-05-05 (between 10am and 7pm, Mon-Fridays).

Pooch

And I have just rung them to see what they was playing at with The Invaders on Sunday morning.

And was told they are going to show the Dead Zone episodes again late at night next year un-cut.

Hi,

That's good news Garrett! It's just a shame they didn't do the full-uncut, late-night showings first, then do the censored versions on Saturday evenings later. Otherwise, people are going to watch the show now, and it's not going to make sense, especially with Five missing-out the final four episodes of Season 1.

Ah well, I can wait until next year.

Pooch

The Dead Zone seems to have vanished into the Dead zone as it is not listed in my TVguide, I think it was on Tuesday night arround midnight.

Any idea's when it is on apart from Saturday night?

Timh said:
The Dead Zone seems to have vanished into the Dead zone as it is not listed in my TVguide, I think it was on Tuesday night arround midnight.

Any idea's when it is on apart from Saturday night?

See above, Saturday nights is the only screening till next year.

Thanks Garrett :smashin:

Does anyone know what happened to The Dead Zone on Channel 4 on Saturday nights?

Thanks

It is on five next Wed at midnight.

:blush: I did mean ch5 :blush:
Thanks Garrett :smashin:

Garrett said:
And was told they are going to show the Dead Zone episodes again late at night next year un-cut.
I have just sat down to watch some episodes I missed on the Saturday run and they are being signed. I know its great for the deaf but at present cannot watch it it is too distracting.

Whats going on with The Dead Zone?
I just started to watch an episode I recorded 2 weeks ago and its a repeat! And it only seems to have been on for a couple of months.
And there is a huge person in the corner of my screen signing the programme, I know this is a good feature for the deaf or hard of hearing but dont they normally sign repeats, or am I missing something and all of the episodes are repeats.
Surely subtitles are sufficient?

See my above comments, I too think it is a good idea but though that they would show the un- cut uninterrupted version and then the cut sigend version.
Ah well just glad I do not need the the signed one yet. ;)

Have the current episodes already being shown on Ch5 then?

Thanks

Tim,

Five started to air "The Dead Zone" on Saturday nights, around 8pm. Due to some of the episodes being unsuitable for an early timeslot, the idea was to show the suitable episodes on Saturday nights, and then - at a later date in 2005 - do a complete, late-night uncut run of the whole series.

However, this didn't quite happen. Instead, Five decided to pull the Saturday night run part way through, (mainly due to viewer/fan complaints), and instead did a complete late-night run, mid-week, right from Season 1, Episode 1. Alas, they didn't promote the show's new time-slot or repeat run, and many people, like myself, missed it.

Pooch

Thanks pooch, I guess it might be worth renting or buying it then.

After season 2 appearing for a short while on five it now seems to have vanished again :(

Season 4 premiered two sundays ago in the US.

Re-watched s3 on DVD just have to listen to the commentaries and as for those two chiefs (in the extras feature) they could have their own show:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom