1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Toshiba 210e

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gavin_Hall, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Gavin_Hall

Gavin_Hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    OK, my Toshiba 210 (techtronics modified) died a few days ago, well when I say died, it simply refuses to come out of stand-by. There I was happily navigating through a menu when the player froze, it wouldn't respond to any remote control commands, nor would it go into stand-by when I pressed the button on the facia. So the only action was to power the unit off & on.

Since then the red stand-by led illuminates, but the player refuses to jump into life. I have been onto Toshiba who said take it to your local service centre. Unfortunately they won't touch it because it has been region modified, and simply say we can't possibly attempt to repair that as we don't know what the region free change did :nono: arrgghhh!

I really don't fancy getting Techtronics involved as I've had dealings with them before and they were completely and utterly useless, add to the fact it is just 2 years old, outside the warrantly period.

So, is it skip fodder? I've already bought a replacement Tosh 220, but I quite fancy resurrecting the old beast as a bed-room machine :)

Are there any hard-reset options/switches on the machine, or does anybody have access to a service manual that would allow me to attempt a DIY fix :eek:

Gavin

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Have you physically disconnected it from the mains and just left it for a while? Worth a try at least.

3. Gavin_Hall

Gavin_Hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Yes, that was my first thought, it has been disconnected for over nearly a week now, still no joy :-(

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    You could try taking it back to where you bought it. or a Richersounds and see if they will do a repair, other than that your local TV man may be able to do it.

5. cyberman

cyberman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have reads abut this fault i think it is capacitor related, simple fix apparently

6. Gavin_Hall

Gavin_Hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    cyberman I don't suppose you can point me in the direction where you read this? Or even better tell me which capacitors? ;)

cheers

Gavin