Dead Space

Is this a remaster, remake or new game?

Love the Dead Space games, got the plat on all three of them. Although that eye gouge machine on permadeath mode was a nightmare for my nerves.

One of my favourite games from the XBOX360/PS3 generation. I thought it would be just a remaster but apparently it's a full on, built from the ground up remake for next gen consoles and PC only, so it will look amazing. Hope it's out this year.

I would have liked a Dead space trilogy remaster with the dlc first then a remake

More details from the developers.

I absolutely loved the original game, was only 1 trophy away from the platinum but unfortunately it was to complete the game on impossible mode, which I never could do!

I did complete it 100% but on XBOX360 not PS3, so I got 1000/1000 Achievement points on it. The 360 was my main console back then, although I did later buy it again cheap for PS3.

I absolutely loved the original game, was only 1 trophy away from the platinum but unfortunately it was to complete the game on impossible mode, which I never could do!

I got the platinum in the end, I seem to remember a trophy for shooting asteroids being a real ball ache.

Me too. Exact same trophy. I've still got my PS3 & the disc. One day I'll talk myself into it.

Picked up a month of Gamepass on Xbox and playing through Dead Space just now. It’s pretty good. A bit same though and a bit too focused on the action. Lots of ammo (on normal difficulty) so just shooting my way through.

Would be better if it was more horror based. The atmosphere is brilliant.

Frankly i think i would put Dead space as the second best survival horror game ever

Alien isolation

Dead space

resident evil 7
Evil within 2

Picked up a month of Gamepass on Xbox and playing through Dead Space just now. It’s pretty good. A bit same though and a bit too focused on the action. Lots of ammo (on normal difficulty) so just shooting my way through.

Would be better if it was more horror based. The atmosphere is brilliant.
Frankly I found it terrifying, especially on the higher difficulty levels where ammo is scarce. The atmosphere of the game is just brilliant. One of the best things about it in my opinion is the lack of hud, the fact that your health is shown down the back of your character and your ammo shows on a display on your gun really helps with the immersion.

Frankly I found it terrifying, especially on the higher difficulty levels where ammo is scarce. The atmosphere of the game is just brilliant. One of the best things about it in my opinion is the lack of hud, the fact that your health is shown down the back of your character and your ammo shows on a display on your gun really helps with the immersion.

I agree about the HUD. Having all that necessary info integrated into the equipment was a great bit of design.

I'd prefer it if the game had fewer enemies (I feel like I can predict what's going to happen going down certain corridors etc) and that they hit harder with a bit less ammo. So far I'm up to the 5th level and I've managed to put a good amount into upgrades, even have a huge surplus of ammo in the store which I have sold off.

I'll probably not bother playing through it on hard, just move onto the 2nd game. Got a lot to go through.

Finished the first game about half an hour ago. It was good, repetitive, but overall a good game. Needed more variety in the gameplay.

Heard the 2nd game is better, so looking forward to getting into that tomorrow.

Finished the first game about half an hour ago. It was good, repetitive, but overall a good game. Needed more variety in the gameplay.

Heard the 2nd game is better, so looking forward to getting into that tomorrow.
dont know where you heard that i personally dont think the 2nd is better

Some more info about the upcoming remake. Like 2018's God Of War it's going to be playable in a single uninterrupted "take" from start to finish.

This was a really great feature of Half-Life.

Does it mean they are doing away with the train hub and walking straight from level to level?

I think the DS series is great - played through it all again last year. As above the design touches are great like the suit hud, the no-atmosphere sections, Isaac's movement becoming hard and laboured when he is injured, the cool weapons...

dont know where you heard that i personally dont think the 2nd is better
I'm a bit of a geek, when I watch a film or play a game, I go onto YouTube and get some people's reviews etc. The comments on Dead Space seemed to suggest that the 2nd game was preferred. Metacritic has them pretty much level. Very slight variances in score depending on the platform.

This was a really great feature of Half-Life.

Does it mean they are doing away with the train hub and walking straight from level to level?

I think the DS series is great - played through it all again last year. As above the design touches are great like the suit hud, the no-atmosphere sections, Isaac's movement becoming hard and laboured when he is injured, the cool weapons...
That reminded me of Resident Evil 5 in that regard.

I can't remember a lot about DS2 tbh but the first game remained in my memory. Never played Dead Space 3.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom