Dead Space Wii. Will it happen???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by Degs, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Degs

Degs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    News: EA Confirms Dead Space Wii - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Is the credit crunch going to be good for the Wii? Are big companies finally realising that there is a large untapped market of gamers looking for more than the next party game and that quality games will bring in hard cash in these troubling times?

Or will it be a lazy port with dodgy graphics and an even dodgier 'innovative new control system!' which nobody will buy?

Or will it be canned before launch?

Whatever the case it's interesting stuff, especially in light of Gaffers thread here.

2. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Even if it does happen it won't be the same exact game. The Wii isn't obviously capable of the same level of graphics and sound as the PS3, 360 and PC. You only have to look at the Wii version of Dead Rising and how it compares to the 360 version as an example. Dead Space is the kind of game that has to be played on a high end console that's capable of HD graphics and sound to get the full experience.

3. nfl

nfl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    to be honest, i agree with you both. however, although the wii will obviously never beat the others for graphics, it has got more potential, than the companies are doing. this is a major problem that is giving the wii a bad reputation. look at loads of party games, that you mention and you are spot on. the graphics are very basic and made with the intension of rushing. when you see so many of these rolling out, like you said, you start thinking, "is this all it's got, rubbish".
    then compare it to tiger woods 09 on wii and you think, "that's more like it". the views are lovely, movement smooth, with more detail and no silly jagged edges everywhere.
    like you said about the credit crunch, your right. maybe that they shouldn't blame the public for not buying and blame the companies for not putting the effort in and stop bring the same old games out for a change. then maybe people would want to part with there hard earned cash.where all trying to be sensible and not wasting money on the same old thing, with a different name, so theres nothing wrong with us.
    i'm also fed up with news bringing these things up as the same goes for climate change!.
    anyone remember when they were saying that the climate was getting warmer and everything melting slowly?
    even the hose pipe bans as no rain?
    they never shut up about it and drum it in for months, but anyone notice when they go quiet and avoid the subject when we get a sniff of anything?
    the last time i remember the hottest day for some time was june 2006 and also not long ago they said we had the coldest day for 30 odd years, not including our latest cold spell now. not bad for times getting warmer, ah?
    we even get rain for a month solid and they go quiet.
    don't worry, when this all goes and we start getting 5 degrees again, they will be back to there old tricks again.

4. The Wagster

The Wagster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Straying a little off topic there nfl...!;)

5. nfl

nfl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i know, just doing what they do! ha, ha!
    maybe i should become a reporter, got potential and experience now!:rotfl:
    all the best, oh and stop making the same games and sort those graphics out. you know you can.
    back on topic now. :smashin:

6. PocketOperator

PocketOperator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    I would imagine that the same games keep getting released for the Wii because they are big sellers. I would've thought that the Wii's biggest customers would be the so-called "casual gamer" which will consist of young kids and their families. This isn't a bad thing as such in my opinion as at least it is bringing gaming to a more varied crowd which will then develop into them wanting more "hardcore" games etc. I think there can be at times a bit of a snobbish attitude in the gaming world and I personally don't see why people have to pigeon-hole themselves into a specific hardcore or casual gamer category. I am a fan of many games and surely the point is that we all just want to have fun playing them.

With regard to the original topic of this thread, I think Dead Space could be an exciting addition to the Wii platform. I've played the PS3 demo and while I know the Wii version will differ from that, from my previous experience with COD:WaW on the Wii...then I think that the Wii offers an original control-system for FPS-type games that makes it a more natural experience, almost akin to the PC's use of a mouse and keyboard. The demo I played was called the "Dismemberment" demo where I made my way towards a room and then had to kill everything in it before progressing/the demo ending. The unique strategic-shooting/aiming to target specific body parts rather than the usual aiming for the head of just unhailing a whirlwind of machine-gun bullets in the general direction of the monster, made the game a lot more interesting. Having said that, if the rest of the game's levels consist of the same walk through corridors/enter room/kill everything in site gameplay then it may be a rather dull game. I'm guessing it's not like that seeing as it has got very good reviews from what I've seen. It's just a shame we can't download demo's for the Wii like you can on the PS3 and 360.

7. uncleclives

uncleclives

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +798
  8. PocketOperator

PocketOperator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
  9. Supergamer2009

Supergamer2009
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    This looks awful. What made Dead Space so great was the atmosphere and tension. Those 2 things are completely lost on an on rails shooter. Why couldnt they have done a new game from scratch. Imagine if they did it like Resi 4 for Wii but in space.

10. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,187
    Absolutely rubbish. That IGN link above comes across as written as a total WiiFanBoy also, rants about how great it will be with no comments on potential issues. I think the atmosphere will be lost, you can hardly have limited ammo and be forced/allowed to run away, you'll lose any ability to set up traps by piling up barrels and luring etc etc.

Basically you're getting Generic Wii Light-gun game + Dead Space skinning theme :thumbsdow I'm guessing they couldnt work out true 3D controls, with decent graphics, and keep it running well. Very disappointed. I found this quote:

11. silent ninja

silent ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +828
    You greedy *******s you have Metroid Prime 3. I wish that were on PS3 :D

12. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Get yourself a Wii. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are also coming out soon with the Metroid Prime 3 controls and updated graphics. ;) :D

13. silent ninja

silent ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +828
    Really? :eek:

I've never played a Wii, but hear the controls work well with this game. Oh the memories: going into the snow for the first time in Prime, or being locked in the station with no lights, a bunch of aliens and only the gunshots sparking up the place...incredible gaming experience. The whole exploration thing is masterfully done. There are no 'first person adventure' games on any other platform, so it's kinda annoying at the same time that only Nintendo would make such a game grr...
    Anyone else find Prime scary in an eerie way, not in-your-face like some other titles? I thought it was pretty tense throughout.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  14. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
  15. PocketOperator

PocketOperator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: