1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Sony 735. Need cheap replacement

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by woody007, Jan 14, 2004.

1. woody007

woody007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a dead Sony 735D which has already been repaired under warranty for the dreaded "No disk" error. 6 months later and the fault has arisn again. My warranty has now expired and Currys will not repair it. :(

So now I am in the market for a cheap replacement player.

The Sony was relegated to the bedroom since buying my Panasonic HS2 DVD recorder for downstairs. So the replacement does not have to match the sony for features or playback. I am looking for something that will playback the DVD-R disks that I record with the HS2 preferably for no more than about £100.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    woody007,

My 735 died in a similar fashion too. I bought the Sony 730 as an interim player for just £130.00.

A cracking little machine that out performs my 735 to be honest.

A worthy contendor for your cash surely?

Cap:)

3. woody007

woody007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Captain Benefit,

I'll take a look at it, although having been burned by sony on the last player I am a bit reluctant to buy another.

I presume the problem with the 735's has been cured now and that current models do not suffer from it?

Woody007