Dead Sky Plus Box??

robzter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
my sky plus box turned itself off twice tonight.it has now turned off and theres no hard drive noise when i reboot and theres a beeping noise is this death????
anyone know what sky will do? i didnt take out any insurance on it.and worse is i must have lost all my sky plusses !!! BOO HOO....
is there anyway of restoring as i cant turn it on?

I wouldnt suggest calling Sky just yet - no chance then of keeping your Sky plus'd content and also high chance of having to pay out a lot of cash. Try contacting a Sky installer that will take a look as an independant job. I know there is a few on here. Who may help if local to you.

Otherwise take a look in your local yellow pages and see if you can find a Sky installer.

called various installers none of whom would help.so i called Sky but they wanted me to go through some operation but i couldnt as im at work.its a dead box as its silent with no fan noise nothing so i doubt going through anything over the phone will help.sometimes you just want to punch SKY !!

Sky will charge you £65 for a call out to get a "refurbished" box with a 90 day guarantee.

I suggest you contact this guy:
http://www.digifixltd.co.uk

He should be able to fix it for you and (if the Hard Drive is OK) save all your programmes. You could maybe buy a cheap used Digibox locally to tide you over for a week?

sky are coming tomorrow already paid the 65 quid as everyone i called didnt want to touch a sky plus box.
that guy you mentioned is too far away from me in fulham but thanks.

sorry to jump on your post m8 but exactly the same thing happened to mine thursday does anybody know if sky had an update and screwed up sky+ box's or is it just a horrible coincidence :mad:

could be.
mine turned itself on and off a couple of times on thurs night then went dead.
we never have it plugged in to the telephone line so it wouldnt have come thru the line.but boy do i miss it.we are watching Homechoice till tomorrow as i forgot i had it.

Now that is odd mine has done exactly the same since the epg update
keeps switching off and cannot record

that guy you mentioned is too far away from me in fulham but thanks.
He offers a mail order service - which is why I estimated 7 days for the turnaround.

There are other repairers that I could recommend. Google Sam Radford's repairers.

how do you do a harddrive reset ? I ca'nt even watch sky at all now it turns it self of after about 1 minute :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom