Dead Sky+ box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ambrosia, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Ambrosia

Ambrosia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pace Sky+ box in the lounge and a standard Sky box in the bedroom. I recently 'lost' 50% of the Sky+ record facility so reset my Sky+ box as advised in these pages.All OK for a several days.Now, I cannot get my Sky+ box to switch from standby to 'on'. Red standby light gradually dims but then flash red from record light and green from play and standby light back to bright. This cycle continually repeats approx. every 1 min.Is my box dead? Have tried switch on mains while holding 'back up' but after 10 mins. still unable to switch from standby.Please help.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Try disconnecting the dish from the box. You could have a shorted cable to the dish. If that doesn't cure it, it's probably a power supply fault. The Satcure site has a lot of advice, and guidance on getting boxes repaired.

3. Ambrosia

Ambrosia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nick. I will try this and let you know the outcome.

I have disconnected both LNB leads, reconnected and replaced power but still stuck in standby. I suppose I will just have to wait for the engineer to arrive(next Friday-£65 even though I have only had this box since February.)

4. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    As it's under 12 months old, you don't need to pay. Your supplier is bound by law to fix or replace it and the only cost to you is that of returning it to him.