Dead Rising with Ltd Edtn. Faceplate - £46.26 delivered!

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Maybe not a special offer as such but pretty special for me & those who are after the Dead Rising faceplate but unable to get to Virgin highstreet stores to pre-order it.

Discovered this to my joy after searching the net for anywhere offering the faceplate. scan.co.uk are offering the free ltd. edition faceplate only with the first 20 preorders with them. I contacted them last night to enquire how many preorders they've received already, got a reply this morning stating none as yet have been ordered, hehe, so mine is now the first.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=437038

Now mines ordered that means there are 19 left so get in there quick if you want one.

Although the game is the usual £39.99, the postage options are pretty high being as they're mainly a computer company, the cheapest option(which is next day courior service) works out to £46.26 delivered, not bad considering the faceplate & I think will make it even cheaper than the Virgin offer.

Oh, and I think Scan have a pretty good reputation. I remember people ordering the Dell W2600 LCDs from Scan after the Dell website let people down on an offer they had been doing. Anyway, all who ordered from Scan seemed happy with the service.

A good find for anyone who has missed the Virgin offer!

I can confirm that Scan are a good company too. Bought my HDTV from there along with some RAM and they very helpful indeed. I'd definately buy from them in the future. Not always the cheapest mind you. Also, they have a good rep among the PC community.

I contacted them again after ordering just to confirm I would be getting the faceplate. Just had a reply back(nice & prompt), they currently have 1 on pre-order, that'd be mine then;)

Thanks for the feedback BTW RandomLee.

Just pre-ordered and sent them an email, thanks! Even if it's a bit more expensive than anywhere else, I'm sure the faceplate will be worth at least £10 on eBay in the future!

thetroublewith said:
Just pre-ordered and sent them an email, thanks! Even if it's a bit more expensive than anywhere else, I'm sure the faceplate will be worth at least £10 on eBay in the future!

Exactly, and from the mock-up pictures I've seen the faceplate looks really nice too.

Infact although it's an extra £6 than most others due to the delivery costs(no standard postage options), I think the Virgin offer will still be more expensive as it'll probably be £49.99 instore as opposed to their cheaper online price(which doesn't offer the faceplate).

I couldn't find any other online retailer offering the dead rising faceplate & I did one big search last night.

just did a search, and found GameHungry.co.uk offering game + free faceplate for £44.99 (Free shipping) and they accept paypal. I'm currently selling lots of stuff to pay for Dead Rising and Saints Row, so GameHungry might just get my money - anyone used them before?

CDR said:
just did a search, and found GameHungry.co.uk offering game + free faceplate for £44.99 (Free shipping) and they accept paypal. I'm currently selling lots of stuff to pay for Dead Rising and Saints Row, so GameHungry might just get my money - anyone used them before?

thanks for that just ordered, now £39.98 (special price)

sorry ignore my PM just realised that its that price online anyway.

I just bought it now - prepaid with Paypal - just hope they send it for release date and not a day or two after!

CDR said:
I just bought it now - prepaid with Paypal - just hope they send it for release date and not a day or two after!

Gamehungry are very good, quick too so I doubt you'll be kept waiting.

The price on GameHungry has now gone back up to £44.98 with no mention of the faceplate. Guess they've used their allocation of faceplates.

:laugh: I think because I sent Scan about 3 questions to begin with regarding the faceplate offer, they are now sending me updates.

Just received an email telling me they now have 10 copies on preorder, but they have had their allocation of faceplates increased to 30. So the next 20 to order should be gauranteed a dead rising faceplate.

Just thought I'd update for you lot;)

Everytime I email them I get the same email saying they have no way of knowing how many orders there are :rolleyes:

Am I sending the email to the wrong address?

Indiana Jones said:
Everytime I email them I get the same email saying they have no way of knowing how many orders there are :rolleyes:

Am I sending the email to the wrong address?

This is the one I used [email protected]

This is the email I received at 11:48 this morning(UK time), so I'm sure you'll be fine:

Lee,

Yes the first orders upto 30 will all get the limited edition faceplate for that
game.

At the moment we have 10 on order but it is very popular due to the faceplate
and we cannot say for certain how long we will have spaces for the faceplates
left.

Best Regards,

Lee
Scan Computers

I've also placed an order here just now, but received no confirmation email, yet my CC seems to have a pending payment of £46.26. I assume it's because it's outside working hours, but I'll be sure to make sure I've got my order in (and a faceplate) tomorrow. I have used Scan in the past, and they are excellent with constant updates as to where your items are etc. through email and sms.

Thanks a lot to Tetlee for the heads up :)

I orderer from scan on Thursday afternoon around 3pm, have just heard back that I'm one of the first thirty. Fingers crossed....

hillster said:
I orderer from scan on Thursday afternoon around 3pm, have just heard back that I'm one of the first thirty. Fingers crossed....

I'm in the first 30 so I should be getting a faceplate. :thumbsup:

So who else has already been charged for it :rolleyes:

Indiana Jones said:
So who else has already been charged for it :rolleyes:

Yep, me for one, also been charged for my GoW preorder from shopto.net:rolleyes: Looks like I'm gonna be hit hard on the ol' credit card this month.

Thought I'd give this threa a little bump as I think they have 3 left with the faceplate still.

They had seven last night.

I had canceled my scan order after ordering from amazon with free super saver delivery, but I re-ordered an extra one last night as I'm not sure if my amazon order will come through in time before my mother comes out to visit on the 16th(want her to bring it with her of course:) ). With the price the faceplates are fetching at the moment, I can keep the one & sell the other on ebay. Only bugger is I'll need to sell a copy of Dead Rising aswell, probably sell that one here.

Anyway, worth contacting them to be sure they have any left just incase.

I've went for it, so will let you know :)

Thanks for bumping the thread :smashin:

I sent them an email last night asking about whether my order would be getting a metal tin as well as the faceplate and they said they didnt know but that I will definitely be getting a faceplate and that they expect to start shipping out anytime now :thumbsup:

Tetlee said:
This is the one I used [email protected]

This is the email I received at 11:48 this morning(UK time), so I'm sure you'll be fine:

Lee,

Yes the first orders upto 30 will all get the limited edition faceplate for that
game.

At the moment we have 10 on order but it is very popular due to the faceplate
and we cannot say for certain how long we will have spaces for the faceplates
left.

Best Regards,

Lee
Scan Computers

That just makes it look like you're writing to yourself! :rotfl:

superga1999 said:
Ordered one from them last last night (it was showing 4 remaining with the face plate). Phoned them this morning to confirm my order is shipping with a face plate - yay.

Currently showing 2 remaining so be quick!

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=437038

erm, i dont see anything..... it just says *SOLD OUT* :(

I know ive left it late but does anyone know where i can get one?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom