Dead Rising Again

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by fakie, Jan 2, 2007.

1. fakie

fakie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry for the second post on this game but I have things to ask that I dont think have been covered yet.
    Here goes
    I have completed the game and now got overtime mode but as i ignored the scoops and havent powered up to that much of a high level i am finding overtime mode impossible.
    So what I was thinking of doing is starting 72hour mode again and just going down underground with the car and keep killing zombies till i get the megaman gun.What i want to do once I have that is restart the game again in 72 hour mode and do the scoops this time round to power up some more.So once completed again will i still have the megaman gun once i restart?.I seem to have lost all my stuff once i started 24 hour mode and am finding it realy hard trying to get to health before the special forces guys whoop my ass.Any help given would be realy appreciated.Thanks in advance.

2. buster_broon

buster_broon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +310
    do you have the mini chainsaws?

what level are you at present?

think i was level 31 the first time i unlocked overtime and it was alright, still 2 swipes to kill the special forces with the chainsaw also take your time and use items to protect you - they will concentrate on the zombies before they try to kill you

a hand tip is just run through and go straight to the toilets as they will follow you and you can use the corner of a wall to shield you and you can kill them as they run around the corner

but it might be worth while carrying on with overtime as each special forces kill is worth 5000 pp points, but also starting again and going for the saint achievement will get you well over 1 million pp points, maybe closer to 2 million

if you want to use a heavy machine gun on the special forces, aim for the legs as they are the only non-protected part of them

3. fakie

fakie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    So once I have this megaman gun do i keep it permanantly and can this be carried into overtime mode?.

4. fakie

fakie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have powered myself up to level 30 now and no i dont have the mini chainsaws.Are there any permanant weapons in the game which dont wear out?.Cheers again for help

5. buster_broon

buster_broon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +310
    the mega buster only has 300 shots - but you would only use it on boss characters, so it normally lasts until you finish the game and the mega buster and all the stuff you have carries over into overtime, the only time you start with nothing is if you start a game in overtime once you have it unlocked

the minichainsaw's arnt a permanent weapon, but with the aid of the engineering, entertainment and edged weapons books they last 27x as long as other weapons, plus since you get them from defeating Adam the clown one always appears at the wonderland plaza ride every time you enter the wonderland plaza

6. SquintingBadger

SquintingBadger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As said above, the mini chainsaws make mincemeat out of the psychopaths - 3 or 4 hits will usually do it. The machine gun off the jeep is also pretty effective, as is the sickle.

For the special ops guys, I found the hunting knife to be particularly effective (as it is with zombies), as I hadn't found the chainsaws by then. If you charge in you can take two or three out at a time before they even get a shot off.

7. fakie

fakie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for answering my questions guys and taking time out for me.I am now powered up to level 50 by keep killing the special forces round the other way into the mall (not the lift)and gonna start overtime mode properly.Thanks again :)