1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dead Pixels - Sony 42SX300U

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by moblies, Mar 29, 2005.

1. moblies

moblies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Sony a week and noticed a number of dead pixels. I have one green atleast two Black and what looks like a vertical line of atleast three but they are not completly black they just look darker than the other pictures which make them noticable. Is this a fault and sghould Sony replace this tv?

Thanks

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Once you have seen them they will bug you forever, get it changed or a refund. As a matter of interest what attracted you to this one? I only ask as It is not one I have come across on the forum.

Sorry just spotted it is a rear projection screen, that is why i did not recognise it. I guess it is not HD ready either?

3. moblies

moblies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about the HD ready, I heard that no one really knows what it will be - the old VHS / Betamax saga.

Its a nice telly and not too big for the money

thanks for that

4. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yep it looks quite nice, but it will not be suitable for HD. You will need a HDMI or DVI-HDCP interface, none of the current Sony range is. Fine if you do not want it, but now is your chance to return it if you do.
    Cheers
    JimG