Dead Pixels Sharp LC32P50e

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by johnfrench10, Nov 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. johnfrench10

johnfrench10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Sharp LC32P50e. Overall I think the set is fantastic but I have one failed pixel (dark) in the middle of the screen. I can't really see it from more than 2m away and during normal viewing I forget it is there. Should I return the set or should I just accept that LCD's suffer from dead pixels. How many people out there have perfect screens with no pixel failures?

Also, the box looks like it was hit pretty hard during delivery and the polystyrene packing was smashed when I opened the box. Everything seems to work ok at the moment but is it likely to have shortened the life of the set?

2. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sony I had first off about 6 months ago had about 8-9 stuck/dead pixels,the Samsung I had a while a few weeks had one stuck blue one,the LG I have now has none.
    If you can live with it and it doesn't bother you then stick with it,you could end with one with more on if you change it.
    As for the damaged packaging contact the place you got it from and let them know sooner rather than later in case you do find any damage at a later date.

3. stridley

stridley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

Maybe I can offer some advice on this issue. I have a Panansonic 32LXD500 (fantastic set!). The first set I had had no dead pixels but did have a colourless stripe running vertically down the screen. I tried to live with it, posted on the forums but eventually contacted the store for a replacement. I received the replacement last weekend-no stripe :thumbsup: but arghh three bright blue pixels!!!

Yesterday I again replaced this set and no stripe but one dead/stuck pixel in the centre of the screen. I could replace it again and I might get zero dead pixels or I might get 5!!!

I've got one dead pixel but I've now decided I'm going to live with it. I can't see it when watching TV and if the same applies to you I would leave it. If you get a replacement you might me lucky or worse you might get more.

I've accepted that the technology isn't perfect and one dead pixel that I can't see unless I sit close in front of the screen is far more acceptable than backlight/diffuser uneveness and the hassle of replacing a set with one that could have more dead pixels or some other issues

If you can't normally see it and everything else is OK keep hold of it-it really could be worse ;)

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    How do people find these dead pixel? I have tried looking for mine and can never find any unless I am very lucky person?

5. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well put it on a blank AV channel so you get a black screen and look up close.
    Trouble is though once you know they are there you will keep looking for them.