1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Pixels on Plasmas & LCD's

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by voyager7, Jan 20, 2004.

1. voyager7

voyager7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Does anybody out there have a pixel perfect plasma or lcd screen? (tested with a PC set to a plain white , grey , red and black background) I have had to return 5x 17" screens, 2x Pioneer 50" plasmas and viewed 4x JVC 42" Screens in order to find one of each without any dead pixels. Am I just very picky or plain unlucky? I'd like to hear from any other owners who have had similar probs and what the retailers did about the problem...Ta Much!

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    I have:

A digital camera with a tiny LCD screen
    A portable DVD player with a 5 inch LCD screen.
    A 15 inch LCD PC monitor
    A 15 inch 4x3 LCD TV
    A 22 inch 16x9 LCD TV
    A Sony VW10HT projector.

The projector has one partly bad green pixel. It is not visible from normal viewing distance, even if you know where to look.

None of the other devices have any such flaws. None of these devices is a second/replacement item. They are all the first one out of the box.

3. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Between home and work I have:

Hitachi 42" plasma
    Samsung 19" LCD monitor
    Epson LCD projector
    Apple power book
    three Fujitsu Siemens laptops

Only the Epson projector has any dead pixels (about three) everything else is fine as far as I can tell. As above they were all first out of the box, I've never had to send anything back because of a fault with dead pixels (the Epson was out of warranty when the problem occurred)

4. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I have a 15" laptop & ADi monitor - the laptop has one dead pixel. When I got it, it was within manufacturers tolerance. For Pc use you don't seem to see it, so it didn't matter, but if watching a Dvd my eyes seem to be drawn there. I couldn't tolerate one on a TV, especialy if it was a £ks plasma. You'd think it would stand out on white screen - word document or the like, but not really, some how you dont see it (its Red). However put movement on the screen & it seems to glow like a big bloody lighthouse whilst all around the screen changes.
    Other smaller Lcds I have are also fine, digi cam & projector Tv.