Dead Pixels...Does Moma believe this..?? Long!

Nobber

Standard Member
Ok here goes first of all it's 1.17am and I have been drinking Stolly all night so I'm ****ed, my home cinema is nearly complete, I have been working on it for months, 6 weeks ago I bought a Sony VPL11HT and have been projecting onto a magnolia wall while I build my MDF screen, The whole project is nearing completion and I guess I'll have to find something else to do at weekends.....anyway today I installed my MDF screen on to the wall (icestorm 5) ****e I could not believe how many times I had to paint it (Seven) I rubbed down each coat with wet and dry but no matter how care full i was I kept getting streaks, anyway after installing the screen I thought it would be a good idea to line it all up with the test pattern, so I switched it on, guess what right in the middle of the screen TWO BRIGHT GREEN DEAD PIXELS, F(*&^k Me !!!I cannot believe this BAS&^ard, any way after the realisation had set in that I was probably gona have to live with this, even though my PJ has only 20hours on it, i thought I would switch the PJ off, 10 mins later I switch it on guess what NO DEAD PIXELS so it looks like DEAD PIXELS sometimes revive can this be true??

lastly the difference between magnolia wall and Icestorm 5 was staggering, and I'm still on a composite feed ( awaiting working RGB to component converter from Keene) will be upgrading shortly to the new sony 875 DVD progressive and VA55ES amp

so all is not lost when you have a dead pixel

RichardH

Standard Member
Re streaks - must admit I still had some on my screen, but they were only visible with your nose right up against, and when looking at an angle towards some light, so :blush: I left them :blush:
Must admit I can't see them at all when viewing films, even if I'm v close to the screen....

G

gwbailey

Nobber I'll think you'll find that it's not dead pixels but stuck dust.

Do a search on these boards there's loads on it!

Nobber

Standard Member
Ok well thats great news.....if stuck dust is the exact size of a pixel and it turns bright green then great, I'm sorry but it doesn't sound right....but maybe you are ;-)

Nobber

J

jrwood

Originally posted by MATT JENNER
it is a risk you take with lcd, and the sad thing is manufaturers will not cover anything less than 60% dead pixels.

Hence why i went crt.

Stop talking absolute rubbish, not only are you intent on annoying the CRT enthusiasts but you intend on trolling this forum too.

K

Kramer

even one of the magazines i think it was home enterntainment did a review on the lcd and said that unless 99% were wrong manufacturers do not change them.

Are you on K-Pax?

99% = no picture (assuming dead pixels) or red, green or blue screen (assuming all stuck open), or a mixture.

Then you follow with this:

in fact from Sony Espon and Nec anything below 9 pixels is considerd normal lcd nature
i do not intend to cause irritance i just repeat what i was told.
:D

If you've got nothing useful (this drivel ISN'T useful), then don't..........................

I suppose you got lucky with your CRT & have no pixels problems with it :D :D :D

Messiah

... manufaturers will not cover anything less than 60% dead pixels.

Wow, a projector with 15 pixels. (60% = 9 pixels therefore 100% = 15 pixels) That must look amazing. Must get me one of those. Do you notice any blockiness at all or does the scaler sort that out? :D

D

Dick Scratcher

Just dropped into this thread and cannot believe the utter 5hite that is being spoken about lcd's and dead pixels. As for manufacturers not covering 60% or 99% (or whatever the number is this week) failure rates, what a load of ********. On my 11 HT there are three lcd panels with 750,000 pixels on each panel, thats a combined total of two and a quarter million pixels maths fans. I bought the PJ with two green pixels side by side just outside the hot zone and got the PJ changed the next day. 'nuff said.

Messiah

Actually the VW11HT has a native resolution of 1366x768 pixels per panel which equates to 1049088 x 3 = 3147264.

Even better than you thought :D

Nobber

Standard Member
Wow!

There is a lot of "tense" peps out there, still I agree most of the postings are BOLL&*^K

back to my point/question

2 bright green apparently "dead pixels" I still can not get my head around the fact they could be dust.....

any way i don't give a Flying F they have gone now HA!

just making an observation and wondered if anyone else had any experience of this

thanks for the amusing posts!!!

Nobber

D

Dick Scratcher

Originally posted by Messiah
Actually the VW11HT has a native resolution of 1366x768 pixels per panel which equates to 1049088 x 3 = 3147264.

Even better than you thought :D

Spot on. I'm guilty of talking b0ll0x myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom