Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dead Pixel(s) on my AE700

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Goemon, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Goemon

Goemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

Ok, I bought a Panasonic AE700 back in April, so I have only had it for about 2 months now and have used it for around 100 hours...

Anyway one putting it on last night after about an hour or so of being on I noticed a dirty great dead pixel (it could be more than one I couldn't tell) in the centre of the screen. I'm sure it wasn't there when I first turned it on, this was confirmed again when I tried it again this morning before going to work...It was however, very obviously there last night.

So I'm wondering where I should go from here...?

I will check it again tonight after it has been on for a longer amount of time to confirm but I am still wondering how to move forward with this...

Is it possible for me to return it to the shop where I got it from?

Can I contact Panasonic and get them to replace it?

Is there such things as temperamental dead pixels that only present themselves after a certain amount of 'on time'? If so will this affect any return policy?

I am currently very gutted...When you've spent around £1200 on something like this you expect it to last a bit longer than 100 hours! :(

Any help on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    Sounds more like dust. Pixels normally don't die over time , you either get a unit with a couple of dead pixels out of the box or none at all . They don't develop.

3. Goemon

Goemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply...

I really don't think it was dust...I have seen dust on the lense before and this was very different.

For a start, it was perfectly square like a pixel. Also it was more visible in certain lights, Dark clours made it more apparent.

Like I say, I tried the system this morning and i couldn't see it which is why I was wondering if the can die after a certain amount of 'on time'.

Anyone else had experiences of this?

4. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    What do you mean you couldn't see it this morning, if it s dead its either black or coloured if stuck [i think] mine a dlp projector had a dead pixel which was a dirty black dot on screen which never went away. I got it repaired under warranty but this was unacceptable with infocus don't know what panasonics policy is they might tell you tough. I think it could be a stuck pixel which has righted itself.

5. Geesus

Geesus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +756
    I *think* Panasonics policy is 'one stuck green pixel and it gets repaired' could be wrong though as I don't own one