1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Pixel(s) on my AE700

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Goemon, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Goemon

Goemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

Ok, I bought a Panasonic AE700 back in April, so I have only had it for about 2 months now and have used it for around 100 hours...

Anyway one putting it on last night after about an hour or so of being on I noticed a dirty great dead pixel (it could be more than one I couldn't tell) in the centre of the screen. I'm sure it wasn't there when I first turned it on, this was confirmed again when I tried it again this morning before going to work...It was however, very obviously there last night.

So I'm wondering where I should go from here...?

I will check it again tonight after it has been on for a longer amount of time to confirm but I am still wondering how to move forward with this...

Is it possible for me to return it to the shop where I got it from?

Can I contact Panasonic and get them to replace it?

Is there such things as temperamental dead pixels that only present themselves after a certain amount of 'on time'? If so will this affect any return policy?

I am currently very gutted...When you've spent around £1200 on something like this you expect it to last a bit longer than 100 hours! :(

Any help on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    Sounds more like dust. Pixels normally don't die over time , you either get a unit with a couple of dead pixels out of the box or none at all . They don't develop.

3. Goemon

Goemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply...

I really don't think it was dust...I have seen dust on the lense before and this was very different.

For a start, it was perfectly square like a pixel. Also it was more visible in certain lights, Dark clours made it more apparent.

Like I say, I tried the system this morning and i couldn't see it which is why I was wondering if the can die after a certain amount of 'on time'.

Anyone else had experiences of this?

4. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    What do you mean you couldn't see it this morning, if it s dead its either black or coloured if stuck [i think] mine a dlp projector had a dead pixel which was a dirty black dot on screen which never went away. I got it repaired under warranty but this was unacceptable with infocus don't know what panasonics policy is they might tell you tough. I think it could be a stuck pixel which has righted itself.

5. Geesus

Geesus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I *think* Panasonics policy is 'one stuck green pixel and it gets repaired' could be wrong though as I don't own one