Dead Panasonic DX902

browny9

Standard Member
Hi guys.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on my tv problem.

Not used the TV for a few months. Used it last night and all good. Tried to switch on this morning and nothing.. Dead as a dodo!

Tried the usual.. Changed fuse, different socket in house.. And yes I tried the rear button on back of tv all to no avail.

Advise would ge grateful.
And yep it's 12 months out of its warranty 😢

dakh

I have some experience. I had a dead 58DX902, same symptoms as yours a few weeks ago. The most common cause is dead power supply board.

If you want to replace the power supply board, I am about to sell a fully tested working board on eBay. It was taken from a working 58DX902b which had a slightly faulty LCD panel, but otherwise was 100% working.

Ping me a DM and I can send you pics and a price if you are interested. It is simple to replace, and may solve your issue.

However, if it isn't the power board it may be the main AV board. They are harder to find, and more expensive.

browny9

Standard Member
Hi Dakh and thanks for the reply.

How much.
Do you know a way of testing to see if that's my problem and is there a video to help do this
Regards Paul

dakh

No problem, Paul.

There are a few PSU boards on eBay right now (just search dx902). Cheapest is about £40 including postage. I will sell mine for £30 including postage if you are in UK.

Not sure about diagnostics, or videos. The board is dead easy to replace. You use a screwdriver to get the back off, and unplug some connectors from a PCB, and swap it over.

I have some pictures of TV with the back removed so you can judge for yourself. You don't need to solder or anything like that. DM me your email address if you want. Happy to share what I have.

The three TV repair people I spoke to were not much use. They said parts were hard to find (which is true). You might want to phone around if you know someone who does repairs. I ended up trying the PSU board first as that was relatively easy to find and fit.

FYI - There is also a main AV board (in Ireland) - for about £160 with postage on eBay right now. You can check periodically online - just Google search "Main AV Board for DX902". They do come up occasionally from online UK companies who breakdown TVs for parts. Just comes down to luck finding one at the right price. I have seen main boards on eBay a while back for £50-£90.

browny9

Standard Member
I thank you for all your imput friend. Iv just got off phone with the seller and been offered a free check... So il wait for reply on that once iv dropped it off.

Much appreciated tho thank you so much

browny9

Standard Member
I have some experience. I had a dead 58DX902, same symptoms as yours a few weeks ago. The most common cause is dead power supply board.

If you want to replace the power supply board, I am about to sell a fully tested working board on eBay. It was taken from a working 58DX902b which had a slightly faulty LCD panel, but otherwise was 100% working.

Ping me a DM and I can send you pics and a price if you are interested. It is simple to replace, and may solve your issue.

However, if it isn't the power board it may be the main AV board. They are harder to find, and more expensive.
Hi Dakh..
Well I just got a reply from my local panny shop and they state the problem was the main av board😢.. And cost approx 350 to replace... Unless I can find a cheap one and they would fit that.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom