Dead M/B ??

ferrytrip1

Standard Member
Hi - PC would not switch on yesterday - worked fine night before. Would not POST - no graphics at all.

Disconnected everything - just left memory, CPU & Video. M/B is MS-7125 with diagnostic LEDs. They are stalling at Floppy controller initialization. I have reset CMOS.

Do I have a dead board or is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Simon

ferrytrip1

Standard Member
Hi - PSU is only few weeks old.

I should have said - all seems to make right noises - fans all start I get the familiar single "beep" after switch on.

I think I have another psu in the attic - I will try it

Thanks

Simon

Bagger

Hi - PSU is only few weeks old.

I should have said - all seems to make right noises - fans all start I get the familiar single "beep" after switch on.

I think I have another psu in the attic - I will try it

Thanks

Simon

You turn on the system all fans spin up, after a couple of seconds it beeps.....Yes
This beep usually indicates it`s passed the Power On Self Test ( POST )
Check the monitor / cabling is ok

ferrytrip1

Standard Member
....Check the monitor / cabling is ok

I did not look here as the day before everything was OK and nothing had been disturbed. I disconnected the digital in and hooked up the analogue in - boots every time now.

So it must be a monitor problem with the digital input. Checked all cabeling - all seems sound - will investigate further - at least now I do not have expense of new board etc.

Thanks for the input - will advise if I find anything else

Cheers

Simon

Synchro

Distinguished Member
Suspect its not booting up fully into windows and your monitor is not able to display the early boot up images. Is there a prompt whilst booting up via your analogue monitor?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom