Dead Heat (Treat Williams, Vincent Price, Mark Goldblatt, Vinegar Syndrome, US 4K Blu-ray, January 2022)

IGC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VS-381_slipcover_front_pre_900x.jpg

Missing title: "FROM THE EDITOR OF THE TERMINATOR".

Pretty cool 80s tat amazed it's arriving on 4K Blu-ray. Never enough Treat Williams.

I already have the 88 Films Blu-ray (seems to be OOP/removed from their site) and I'll pick this up to support the distributor.

Additional Info:
• Region Free 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray Set
• 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
• Archival commentary track with: director Mark Goldblatt and screenwriter Terry Black alongside producers Michael L. Meltzer and David Helpern
• "The Building Blocks of Movies" - a brand new interview with director Mark Goldblatt
• "A Thousand Feet of Lightning" - a brand new interview with visual effects artist Ernest Farino
• "Seizing the Opportunity" - a brand new interview with second unit director Patrick Read Johnson
• "How to Edit For An Editor" - a brand new interview with editor Harvey Rosenstock
• "Happy Accidents Happen" - a brand new interview with composer Ernest Troost
• "Dead and Alive" - an archival interview with makeup effects creator Steve Johnson
• Still gallery
• Original theatrical trailer
• TV spot
• Deleted scenes
• Archival EPK featurette
• MIFED promotional piece
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles

dead_heat_poster_02.jpg

UK:
s-l1600.jpg

Not got my copy yet (I have it ordered) but some real photos:

01.jpg

Not sure what's happening here but it's now illegal in England & Wales:
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

I watched this movie recently and it is very average. I don't remember it being a successful movie when it came out and I'm sure I watched it back in the day as it was vaguely familiar to me.

I'd advise you to watch the film before buying the 4K disc.

I have the old UK Blu-ray I've always had a soft spot for it since it was released.

It's not trying to be Blade Runner or something, just a bit of fun with a great cast.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom