Dead Box ? New Box !

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have suffered my fair share of RROD in my time (having had 360 since launch, or as close as Amazon could manage at least) and am now on what I think is my 4th or 5th box.

Always been lucky in that Amazon and subsequent stores have swapped the faulty unit for me

Anyway today, during playing WAW I suffered my first ever freeze - the game just stopped with audio looping. Turned it off went and had dinner

Just gone back to the game and within minutes the screen just displayed a series of grey and white lines

So it looks like I am off to get a new box this week

Anyone able to say what my cheapest best option is, I just want a console (no HD as have 120GB one) that allows HDMI connection

Thanks to a wonderful other half I have a new arcade

However - how can I go about fixing my old one ?
Thinking of it it may (just may) be in warranty - whats the MS web site to check ?

Easy fix its normally the graphics soldered joints google rrod fix,and follow the instructions.

how do you go about warranty fix and contacting ms

all the info is available via xbox.com funnily enough. Follow the links via the support tab on in the main page

Well seems had the faulty box longer than think
Its out of warranty (with the exception of 3 red lights, which ironicly is not my fault)

Is it easy to fix myself ? or can I say its got the 3 red lights and see what happens?

Well seems had the faulty box longer than think
Its out of warranty (with the exception of 3 red lights, which ironicly is not my fault)

Is it easy to fix myself ? or can I say its got the 3 red lights and see what happens?

To fix the problem so it's unlikely to reoccur is more challenging than most sources on the internet would have you believe. Trying your luck might be a good first option but I have no idea if you'll succeed or not.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom