1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dead barco800

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by arbey, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a barco data800 that was oké when i got it, i could let it testrun for about 15minutes when i bought it....i had to check several projectors that's why i only had 15 minutes but, i came home, put on a movie and all was oké for 45 minutes, after that the projector shut down and now: nothing anymore! NOt even a scanlight or controllight, nothing! not even the fans come on! can anyone help me out on this one? i already swapped powersupply board...
    thanks

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Check the input fuses.
    Afte that the mains switch on these occasionally went.
    Check with a meter from the power lead right through to the mains input board. (just follow the wires.)

3. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's strange, i am used to the data600 so i guessed the fuses would be somewhere on the same spot...so i took out the powersupplyboard (second on the right, standing behind, table mounted) but i couldn't find the fuses! are they hidden somewhere?
    i check this evening with a meter...
    i keep you informed
    thanks!

4. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland! you where absolutely wright! thanks a lot! it was fuse P100 that had blown, i replaced it and the damn machine got running again! do you have any idea what could have caused this fuse to blow? sometimes misconvergence can be the reason but i thought i had converged this one well....
    thanks!

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I very much doubt that even maximum strain could have caused a fuse to go. Fuses do age, they are designed to be the weak spot and like all fuses will just fail when they have had enough. so long as it doesn't do it agin things should be fine for another 10 years.
    Glad it was just the fuse though.

6. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i see...but it is strange though that a little thing like a fuse can cause the pj not to do anything! so Checkpoint number1: the fuses!
    thanks! For no, the projector has been running 2 hours without stopping so...i guess problem solved!
    thanks

7. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Not really, if you think about it fuses are always the first thing in the chain to protect both your life and the electronical appliance.

Sometimes the fuse going could save you a lot of money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.