1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Babies (aka Mood Swingers)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, May 22, 2005.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I recorded this film off of Channel 4, late on Friday night, and finally got to watch it yesterday! What a freaky film! :eek:

The film opens with a poor, snobby, English guy on the phone, desperately requesting enmergency medical help, and as the camera pulls back, we see him on his bedroom floor, with all of his teeth falling out of his mouth, and bloody gums! :eek: The film is based on a Martin Amis novel, and although I've not read the book, it might make an interesting read.

If you want to see something different, pretty extreme, and a mix of Trainspotting, Requiem For A Dream and Bad Taste, then you will probably enjoy this film.

It's out on UK DVD in September. See here! Alas, both the US version (retitled Mood Swingers) and the UK release (entitled Dead Babies) are both in 4:3, despite Channel 4 airing a widescreen print. (Originally it was in 2.35:1, but C4 aire it in a cropped 1.85:1 ala many of their widescreen movie transmissions!)

Pooch

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Terrible film which tries to be arty and all clever and instead of pulling us into a story it ends up boring the viewer and i almost pulled my own teeth out watching this pretenious excuse for a horror film which isn't a horror film and is more a satirical wannabe comedy ( which isn't funny ), this is the type of film which is killing off the british film industry, bad over the top acting and it seems to me its director has probably worked on television shows a lot as the compositions and framing looked crap ( the film was probably shot Super35 which means it can be shown in a number of widescreen formats such as 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 or even in 1.37:1 .

It had a few interesting scenes and i can't help thinking the channel 4 version had scenes removed as it should run about 96 minutes after the PAL 4% speedup is taken into account thus i'm thinking it was cut or altered for television, perhaps after its failure at the box office it was recut by the director or producers.

Some people may like this but i found it dull and i think they should market it differently as i don't think its a horror film.

I enjoyed Trainspotting and Bad Taste ( I didn't enjoy this )