Dead Audi R8

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldnt wanna see the insurance premium increase after this one...

r8fire_4.jpg

r8fire_1.jpg

r8fire_3.jpg

r8fire_2.jpg

r8fire_post.jpg

Neil

RiP big shiny thing :eek:

I assume the driver got out ok

Wow,that would worry me if I had an R8,I'm sure it will worry Audi.Is it overheating?A design fault?I've recently developed a soft spot for Audi's,having bought one myself but for once I'm glad I haven't got the top of the range,I'd spend all my time looking in the rear view mirror:D

Someone near me recently got one in black. Makes my A4 look like a poor excuse for a car.

Didn't a couple of the pre production cars also go up in smoke like this? Seems like they could have a big safety issue here as I remember reading about cooling issues.

What is it going to be like when they put the Lambo V10 in there?

amazing how it stil looks dead sexy even when half of it is melted...

ps. doubt they will ever stick the V10 in it!

Didn't a couple of the pre production cars also go up in smoke like this? Seems like they could have a big safety issue here as I remember reading about cooling issues.

There were pictures on Pistonheads of one going up in smoke at the ring, there was even less of that one left afterwards.

What is it going to be like when they put the Lambo V10 in there?

Rather rapid.

That's about the 3rd story i've read about one going up in smoke.

could be a mega safety issue.

That's about the 3rd story i've read about one going up in smoke.

could be a mega safety issue.

Rumour mill is spinning at the moment saying that those that have gone up in smoke are due to Fuel leaks/spillages

If I had an order in I'd be a little concerned but I'd still be dying to get my hands on it.

Neil

Bosses of Lambo but clearly they haven't asked enough questions about how to mount an engine in the rear.

Liam

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom