De Dietrich appliances

LenLen08

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback regarding De Dietrich appliances? I am having a new kitchen and have been looking at De Dietrich appliances, in particular a electric single multifunction oven, a compact oven, induction hob and cooker hood. Can anyone help?

Two years ago I had a new kitchen fitted and bought all De Dietrich appliances online. Best decision I have ever made (just as good/if not better than the previous Miele appliances I had). I have:
Single oven (all touchscreen, no buttons)
Induction Hob
Hood
Integrated Dishwasher
Integrated Washing Machine
Built-in Microwave

Hi,

Great thanks for your reply. This is definitely good to know as I have struggled to find any reviews on De Dietrich and as I say the ones I have found have been all negative.

One review said that with regards to the induction hob, because of the auto-safety shut off feature whenever an item is placed near the hob or on it the hob shuts down for 2 minutes. Have you come across this problem?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in replying but my hob has never shut down. As it is flat I am always placing something on top of the hob. Sounds like scare mongering by someone who has no idea how the technology works.
Induction hobs are very safe, and the power will not come on if a suitable pot is not in place, even if you select full power.

Great, thanks again for your response. Do you have a pyrolytic single oven? Thats what I was thinking of buying instead of the catalytic liners. If so, what do you think of it? Worthwhile to have?

Yes, have the Pyro oven and it is the best I have ever had. Just remember to take out the runners when cleaning. Forgot when I first used Pyro and it removed all the chrome leaving them a nice brown colour. Cost £130 to replace.
Did you know De Dietrich invented the Pyro cleaning system

Yes I heard that, heard they also invented the induction technology behind the induction hob. Automatically, it leaves you thinking De Dietrich must be pioneers in kitchen appliance technology but you also want the performance to match so when I read those reviews I was immediately put off I must admit. Also, I have read De Dietrich's customer service to be very poor and is via a third party :-S. Did you get a 5 year warranty on your appliances?

Technically they did not invent the Induction Hob, but bought the company that did (I believe it was Fagor).
They are very big in commercial kitchens, and have been in domestic for a long time but were considered expensive. Now people are prepared to pay for quality I think their name is getting better.

I got 5 years on some and 2 years on the rest. You deal with Fagor (who are part of the group), and the repairs are carried out by regional repair companies. My local company also deal with Miele, Neff, Bosch as well as the other more consumer brands, so I think they are selective.

I bought all De DIetrich equipment for my new kitchen. I would never use them again. My induction hob failed after 12 months of use and 18months after purchase. The handbook says in large bold capital letters that the product is warranted for 2 years - but in the small print in the last clause says this only applies in Australia (this in a handbook designed at least partly for the European market). Trading Standards stated that they thought this was misleading. De Dietrich refused to help as the item was out of warranty. I chased my supplier under the Sale of Goods Act and it was eventually repaired last February (I believe De DIetrich agreed with the supplier to repair it under warranty). It has failed again and De Dietrich say that the warranty for any repair carried out under warranty lasts only to the end of the warranty period (as mine was carried out after the end of the warranty period they effectively have refused to give any warranty on the repair.) This is appallingly bad customer service. THey want to charge me around £150.00 for a engineer call out. My combination microwave has also played up a couple of times - but the fault cleared after powering down. I have no confidence in the goods and less in De Dietrich's attitude to customer service. The induction hob RRP was about £1400.00 although I got a good deal on it. I will have to chase the supplier again through the same Sale of Goods Act process (they are an innocent party and I believe have ceased using De Dietrich products because of similar problems with other customers). I am entitled to expect a high end kitchen item such as this to last longer than 18 months!

Hi I was reading your trouble you have had with your Induction Hob and was wondering whether you have the 4mm exit air gap required at the front of the cabinetry. You can see this in the installation guide. It is really important that the exit air gap is given as the intake fans at the back bring in cool air to cool the power card and the grills at the front of the hob let out the hot air and need to come out of the cabinet otherwise this air is sucked back in through the intake fans and overheats the powercard and eventually they die.....this sounds like what has happened with your cooktop and the powercard has been replaced but the air out take has not been correctly explained to you. All Induction Cooktops require exit air. I have had the DTI749X cooktop for over 3 years and it has and is working extremely well.....fast, efficient and responsive.....hopefully this helpd going forward to you...unfortunately you have done another powercard more than likely....De Dietrich cooktops are very clever in the way that use their power and share.:clap:

Thanks for your comments. I will check the gap. However I think it is doubtful this is the cause as that part of the hob that has caused all the trouble is the continuum zone end which has been practically un-used since installation. The part of the hob I use very regularly has been working OK. The first failure was a failure to turn on at all. The most recent failure has been intermittent power to the coils (I guess - as the zone turns on starts to heat and then the temp setting light starts to flash irregularly and the zone fails to heat to temperature).

From what you are saying it certainly sounds like you do not have exit air....Is your hob installed over a drawer...if it is then when you are operating the hob open the drawer slightly and see if the hob holds its operation...if it does then it is an exit air issue......As per the installation instructions you need intake air at the back of the cabinet so the hob has clean air to draw from and then the exit air at the front of the hob.......It sounds like an installation fault....not a product fault....maybe you need your installer to come back and make sure they have installed the hob correctly....

You could also try turning the powser off to the appliance and leaving it off for 5 - 10 minutes so that the power can drain from the powercards...then on turning the unit back on the unit will self diagnose and all of the zones will have numbers or letters come up and then you can turn each zone off manually......this will reset your hob

Appliance, that looks really helpful info. Do you have any connection with the company?

Thanks for you helpful comments. I have checked the gap and it is at least 8mm. The appliance is in a worktop with a cutlery drawer underneath - but as the clearances are all OK I don't think it can be an overheating problem.

Hi ...no I do not have any connection to the company....you should try opening the draw slightly and see if this does combat your problem...good luck...

We have had 3 power-unit failures in 6 years on a De Dietrich oven. At the second failure De Dietrich organised a free repair. At the third failure they have washed their hands of us and refused to help. I suggested that the oven was unsatisfactory and unfit for purpose and received the response, 'That is a matter for the retailer under the Sale of Goods Act, not a matter for us, our sales are strong.'

Resurrecting an old thread here, but just wait until your Dedietrich appliances fall out of warranty. I have never experienced customer service as bad as this. They are appalling. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole

Go Siemens all the way if you can. The iQ700 range is amazing - check out this demo

The steam ovens they have are pretty good also.

We have had 3 power-unit failures in 6 years on a De Dietrich oven. At the second failure De Dietrich organised a free repair. At the third failure they have washed their hands of us and refused to help. I suggested that the oven was unsatisfactory and unfit for purpose and received the response, 'That is a matter for the retailer under the Sale of Goods Act, not a matter for us, our sales are strong.'
I think there is another alternative, and whereas I am a bit hazy about the exact details, there is a requirement under EU regulations for electrical equipment whereby the manufacturer has to repair the item for 6 years! Write to the manufacturer and supplier, inform them that unless it is fixed, you will get an independent expert (this could be a repairman to put in writing that the item must have been faulty for it to fail within 6 years). If they do not respond favourably, then you can go to small claims court, issue a summons naming the supplier and the manufacturer as jointly responsible. For further details of this approach, go to Consumer Action Group where you will find a comprehensive guiadance on this subject.

Hi, I have induction hob dti 789v. When I use right boost, then I use the middle "flame" boost, the first goes down to level 8. And not stay at boost mode. I must say the hob fixed in lab. And I don't think it working like at beginning. Please advise.

Hi, I have induction hob dti 789v. When I use right boost, then I use the middle "flame" boost, the first goes down to level 8. And not stay at boost mode. I must say the hob fixed in lab. And I don't think it working like at beginning. Please advise.

I don't think anyone can repair it. The company has now gone bust. I'm not at all surprised though,it's got to be the worst company I've ever dealt with.

So, DE Dietrich company is no longer exists?? Is any one what are those codes say? When I turned on the hobs?

Two years ago I had a new kitchen fitted and bought all De Dietrich appliances online. Best decision I have ever made (just as good/if not better than the previous Miele appliances I had). I have:
Single oven (all touchscreen, no buttons)
Induction Hob
Hood
Integrated Dishwasher
Integrated Washing Machine
Built-in Microwave
What model are the induction hob?

Dti 789 v1. I want to boost 2 zones. I don't like the power sharing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom