1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DD5.1 mode on AVR300

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by MrKegFlex, May 4, 2005.

1. MrKegFlex

MrKegFlex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my AVR300 for a few weeks now and love it. However, I have noticed something odd when watching movies that I never experienced on my old AVR. Occasionally, when watching movies in DD5.1, it will flip quickly to stereo pcm and then back to DD5.1 during a scene change... or probably, as it changes chapters. It has only done this on two movies with the most recent being Blade Trinity. What would cause a behavior like this... dirty DVD, AVR quirkiness, DVD player, the recording itself, etc?

2. GarySargent

GarySargent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be watching Blade Trinity myself soon so if I remember I'll post back if I have any issues with it or not.

Not seen this behaviour before though. What firmware and DSP versions are you on?

3. MrKegFlex

MrKegFlex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Running 3.08 and DSP1.12

4. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed that in the past, when I had a SONY STR-DB925.
    Did not noticed it with the AVR300 (2 months old only) , probably because I didn't play such movies again, and also because I use ProLogic IIx, more often than not, which sounds better in my setup

5. GarySargent

GarySargent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just watched Blade Trinity and not seen this behaviour once - I have a Sony DVD player.

I'm running 3.16 and DSP 1.12 but I don't believe there is anything in the 3.16 upgrade that would fix what you describe, so most likely the DVD Player is in some way slightly incompatible with the Arcam processor.

6. MrKegFlex

MrKegFlex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the followup. Friend of mine also suspects the DVD player... sounds like a good excuse to upgrade. :) I will probably run some A/B tests on a different DVD player to confirm and then upgrade if that is the problem.