1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DD5.1 and Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by johndj1, Nov 4, 2002.

1. johndj1

johndj1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone heard rumour of Panny bringing out a bog standard Sku Digibox with Dolby Digital 5.1 support?

My company is doing some work with Sky Interactive and one of their developers let this slip, but officially Sky are saying "non", trying to flog me a Sky+ box instead.

Anyone heard anything?

2. klnc

klnc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Equally interested if whether the rumoured new panny box also had an s-video din output....

3. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    don´t know about any new box from panny but the original panny box (albeit not for sky) has been available with a DD output in Germany for bloomin ages so technically its a piece of peess. Just another eg of sky extracting as much money as pos from us all by forcing us to by a sky+ box even if all we are interested in is DD!!!:mad:

4. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    also it's another example of why people like me haven't bought sky yet. Give me DD and Component or S-Video without a Sky+ £10 per month premium and you'd have another customer and I think I'm not the only one.

Oh yes.. make the bloody red dot a menu OPTION

Don't want much do I? :)

Mark.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Well two out of 4 ain't bad:)
    DD and S-video are on SKY+ and do not need the subscription to activate and as for the red dot I have to agree but at least UKgold are being far more creative with it's use than the SKY branded channels.
    I've heard different things about Component... it's the only way to get a progressive signal from a DVD player to a TV but it's slightly inferior to RGB scart due to the extra layer of conversion required.