• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DD+ sound from Netflix/Amazon via HDMI ARC

ma8855

Novice Member
Hi All

I’ve recently become a happy owner of LG B8... well, almost happy.
I’ve got quite an irritating issue which I hope someone around here also experienced and found a solution for.

My Yamaha RX-V379 receiver is connected to HDMI2 (ARC) on the TV and I also have Sky+HD box connected to the receiver.
HDMI CEC and HDMI ARC is enabled throughout and works for Sky very well.
However, when I use Netflix or Amazon in WebOS I have no sound after starting playback.
It takes switching the receiver to any other input and then back to what CEC automatically selected to make the sound reappear.
It happens one in 5 times I use Netflix and it happens 100% time when I use Amazon. So it looks some app behaviour my receiver can’t handle.

It is my understanding that Dolby Digital Plus that both Amazon and Netflix use can’t be delivered via toslink.

It is also my understanding that CEC causes a lot of problems in general but HDMI audio won’t work without it.

Apart from changing the receiver and attaching a streaming device straight to hdmi input of the receiver and ignoring webos apps altogether does anyone have any ideas what else I could try to make it behave it should?

Thank you for reading!

adamcarvell

i have the rx-v479 and the b6 have my inputs direct into the tv and switch using the tv remote between inputs the sound works fine it comes up broadcast on my receiver and the inbuilt apps work great sound as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom