DD/DTS amp recommendations?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jonny, Mar 19, 2001.

1. jonny

jonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Im looking for a DD/DTS amp for about £250.
    Ive seen the denon AVR 1601 for £230, which is £70 off the normal price. Also the 1801 is £60 more but what features does this have over the 1601?
    Im also thinking of a yamaha RXV596 and 496,Which are £260 and £230.
    I would be grateful for any opinions and recommendations of any of these amps.

Thanks.

Jon.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jon,
    I recently purchased the YamahaRXV 795a receiver from Dixons for £250 which I thought was a good buy because even though it was an older model it originally retailed at £600.
    It also has DD and DTS sound decoders and 85 watts to all channels.It has a remote control that can be a bit daunting which is the only negative thing I can say about it.I am very pleased with this receiver.I think the RXV 596 IS 70 watts all round and it too has DD and DTS decoders.Hope this is of some help ????

Regards
    martinc

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the last 6-7 years (1994-2000) or so i have used Yamaha's (the dspa 592, the dspa 595 not A, and until quite recently the dspa 795A, i now use Denon/Rotel) and have found them to be nothing if not ABSOLUTELY reliable, generally have very good decoding and sound quality for the money (although rather restricted set-up options) and would have no qualms in recommending these units. I noticed that our local Sevenoaks was selling the dspa 5 for £249.

Regards

SteveEX

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,500
    Bump! Come on, folks - can anyone help this chap?