1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DD Auto Off Fix

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Stellavision, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    In case DD owners are not aware, some subs equiped with software upto ver. 1.4 would not power off. Software version 1.5 downloadable from Velodyne is a cure for this, and after downloading and installing the update today I can confirm my DD15 will now auto off after a few minutes of inactivity.
    What is also very impressive is that the sub will wake up very quickly without the normal delay associated with subwoofers coming out of hybernation.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I've tried the upgrade a few times with my DD-15, but it all appears to have worked ok but the OSD still says I have the old software version :confused:
    Does your OSD show the new version number after the upgrade?

Mark.

3. samhain

samhain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I never even noticed what version of software I am running !!

4. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Top left hand side of the osd shows the current version number. After successfully updating the osd will show the updated software version.
    Provided you follow the onscreen installation guide and are using the correct cable you shouldn't have a problem.
    One thing I will say is that when you hold down both the volume buttons on the back of the sub, you have to turn the sub off and on again with the rocker switch, not with the remote. The Velodyne logo on the front will light up amber to show that it is ready for the installation.
    After the update there is no need to touch the sub. The screen will flicker and the Velodyne led will return to blue again.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Done that and get the amber Velo badge. Update starts and I even get the 'update completed successfully' (or whatever it says) message at the end. Close the updater and the sub is switched off so power on from the remote and check software version and it still shows the old version :confused:

Mark.

6. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    When you say the sub is switched off is that because you switched it off or it doesn't automatically resume normal operating after the update?
    The sub should be fully turned on before you start the proccedure and there should be no need to power on with the remote after the update.
    I asume you have checked you have the RS-232 cable connected to the correct socket on the back, ie the top one.
    Before connecting the cable I suggest turning off both the sub and the pc as I don't think serial connections can be hot plugged, then power them both up after the RS-232 cable has been plugged in.
    Then try again making the sub ready (turning on and off with holding down the volume buttons and waiting for the amber led) and then software updater. While the pc is communicating with the sub, the velodyne logo will flicker while the pc progress bar goes up.
    After, you get the update successful prompt everything should be complete, and the sub will be ready for use with no third party intervention.