DD and DTS decoders

StephenR

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a new DVD player as my current Sony player will not play RCE titles. I'm looking for one that has built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders (I have an amp with 6-channel input) but I can't find a list of players with this feature.

So my question is, which DVD players have built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders? I have looked at the Upgrade Heaven and Techtronics web sites but they don't seem to have a summary, so I'd have to look at the specs of every player in order to find out!

Pioneer DV-636 would come to mind though you did not state your budget.
Had a look at it last weekend and found it quite ok, pretty good picture and sound and, well, acceptable CD sound - but nothing which really knocked me of the sofa either.
It was multiregion (auto mode only) but did play RCE titles (tested "The Patriot").

------------------
If I can't eat it, drink it or fudge it, I ain't interested.

I'm not too bothered about price, but around £500 to £600 would be good. Does the Sony DVP-S735 have a built-in DTS decoder? According to Techtronics it does but the review in HCC only mentioned a built-in Dolby Digital decoder.

The Panasonic DVD-A7 looks promising as it has built-in DD and DTS decoders and is a DVD-Audio player as well, all for just £410 inc VAT (from Techtronics). Any thoughts on this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom