DD and DTS decoders

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by StephenR, Feb 10, 2001.

1. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying a new DVD player as my current Sony player will not play RCE titles. I'm looking for one that has built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders (I have an amp with 6-channel input) but I can't find a list of players with this feature.

So my question is, which DVD players have built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders? I have looked at the Upgrade Heaven and Techtronics web sites but they don't seem to have a summary, so I'd have to look at the specs of every player in order to find out!

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Pioneer DV-636 would come to mind though you did not state your budget.
    Had a look at it last weekend and found it quite ok, pretty good picture and sound and, well, acceptable CD sound - but nothing which really knocked me of the sofa either.
    It was multiregion (auto mode only) but did play RCE titles (tested "The Patriot").

------------------
    If I can't eat it, drink it or fudge it, I ain't interested.

3. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not too bothered about price, but around £500 to £600 would be good. Does the Sony DVP-S735 have a built-in DTS decoder? According to Techtronics it does but the review in HCC only mentioned a built-in Dolby Digital decoder.

The Panasonic DVD-A7 looks promising as it has built-in DD and DTS decoders and is a DVD-Audio player as well, all for just £410 inc VAT (from Techtronics). Any thoughts on this?