Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DD/AC3 from WM9/Xvid files ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Matt Horne, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I have a episode of kingdom hospital (xvid) in AC3 and various WM9 movies none of which I can get DD out of on my AMP.

I am using the AC3filter codec.. and I have to set it to filter AC3 to get sound from the KH episode.. and the WM9's I have seem to be PCM?? (Spiderman/Hp2)

Are any of the WM9 movies actually dolby digital ? I have no problems feeding a DD stream to my amp on the TS movies ??

Do I need to use a different player rather than mediaplayer ?

Cheers

Matt

2. lagertop

lagertop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Matt,
    I had the exact same problem yesterday. After trying most of the settings in the AC3Filter I found out you have to select the option spdif (disabled) on the main options page.

The settings for the spdif pass through dont seem to make any difference. I think its the name thats confusing, i originally thought that "spdif (disabled)", really did disable it. BTW I'm using v1.01a of the ac3filter. Hope this helps

Forgot u might want to also set the "default audio renderer" to wave out rather than Direct sound

Regards
    Mark

3. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Thanks...

after searching the web I eventually foudn that as well.... clear as mud :)

Cheers

Matt

4. Eson

Eson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When dealing with WMA-sound as in WM9-files you have to have something that can decode on the fly, luckily the ac3-filter v1 was just released and its the first software capable of this. Earlier you had to have a nforce2board with soundstorm. All this is regarding sending the signal digital that is. No problem when youre analog.

5. JNMaster

JNMaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks ever so much lagertop, I've been trying for ages to get 5.1 out of xvid with my external decoder, proves I should have just checked avforums first, heh. :)