1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DD 5.1 through SkyD ??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by rloughra, Feb 13, 2002.

1. rloughra

rloughra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    System : Sony DAVs800 Sony Wega W/S TV + SkyD

At the moment connections look like :

DAV >TV (AV2) using S-VHs to Scart (DAV has no scart sockets)
    SKYD > TV (AV1) using scart to scart

What is the best possible audio connection from my digibox to the DAV ??. Is it possible to get DD 5.1 ?.....or Pro-logic ?.

My digibox has one free scart and one pair of phonos (red and white) free to use. I plugged in a pair of phonos from the DAV to the digibox last night which gave me stereo sound (+the sub).
    I know this is a no-brainer to you guys .....so help me out !!

Cheers

R :) :)

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Easy one this:

TV > DAV (2x phono from the tv fixed level output)

You cannot get DD5.1 from a standard digibox. You need a sky+ box.

3. rloughra

rloughra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one. Just add the phonos to the exisiting cable set-up and that it !!. Superb. Does this give me DPL ??.

Also, as you are defo a man in the know on these matters......my sister is looking to build a home cinema room from scratch (lucky cow). She has a budget of £6000.....what would you suggest ?....I've fancy the 42" Panasonic Plasma from RS to start, but would appreciate your thoughts DD and anyone else out there ??

R :)

:D

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2x phono will give you DPL with no problems.

My setup is:

Television: Tosh 32ZP18P (provided free of charge)
    Receiver: HarmonKardon AVR500
    Speakers: Mirage AVS 500 pack (inc sub)
    DVD: Sony DVP 725 (multi-region)
    Digibox & PS2
    Remote: Marrantz RC5000

i dumped the vcr a while back.

That's about half her budget, so i have to say that i am not that knowledgeable on the items available in her price range, although of course it depends on how much she is going to spend on the room, if it is going to be a dedicated room.

It think it is safe to say that she won't be looking at a Sony DAV :D :clown:

If she wants small speakers, the mirage are very powerful for their size and did get good reviews. They have been round a while (i think 4 years at least now) but are still available. That would possibly be the only item in my price area that i would say she could consider for her set-up.

There are others far more qualified than me, on this board, who would give you better information for her budget.

5. Stevemj

Stevemj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the sony digi box has a optical out but is not enabled for dd, have not used this connection yet as I have not got a optical cable.

My system is Hitachi 36" tv, Sony digi box, denon 3802 m&k k3 package with a v125 sub and a sony 900 dvd. This set up sounds great and I highly recommend m&k speakers. Find yourself a good dealer and demo different kit they should be eager to help with six grand to spend