1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DCS-323 surround speakers compatibility

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by blackmanalishi, Mar 2, 2005.

1. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My Pio DCS-323 head unit recently went AWOL while being repaired and as they're being discontinued the company had to give me a refund rather than a replacement as they wouldn't upgrade me for free, but that's another story... :censored:

This has left me with the surround speakers, and what I want to know is whether the speakers will work with an alternative receiver.

They are rated at 6 Ohm and have what I presume to be Pio proprietary connectors, but I'm unsure whether simply removing those connectors (or using another method!) may make them work with a different receiver, and whether that receiver would also need to be rated at 6 Ohm. Help! :lease:

Wasn't sure whether to post this in the Speaker or Receiver forum, so hope I've picked the right one!

Thanks in advance...

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Whilst I cannot comment specifically on your setup, I know when I attempted to use the speakers from my all-in-one solution as temporary rears with my current Denon AVR2805 that the sound was awful dispite the manufactures claim that they were rated at 50-150watts@ 6ohms and the denon is 100watts@8 ohms and so should have worked fine.

My personal belief is that a number of manufactures over claim their all in one systems capabilities.

3. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated. :thumbsup: