1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DCR-TRV725e to XP?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Mindcrime, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I have just upgraded from ME to XP and am having real trouble trying to connect the camera through the USB ports. The software that came with the camera is only suitable for 98/ME/2000. Does anyone have any idea how I get around this problem? Will the software from later D8 cams work with this model and if so where can I get a download.
    I am in contact with Sony and they just say that the drivers are pre-installed already on XP but nothing will link up.

HELP, please!!!

:smashin: :confused: :confused:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    XP is a nightmare if upgraded! :nono:
    Your best bet will be to format the hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch.
    If the XP CD is the upgrade disk then you will need to have your old ME disk for XP to install.
    Make sure you save all your required files from My Computer etc as all this will be lost.
    XP should be able to self install all your internal & external devices (sound/graphics/scanner etc) and as Sony said it should sort out the camcorder.
    Not sure if you are aware, but the USB interface for the camcorder will only work for capturing stills or very low quality video.

Mark.

3. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I am onto my second re-install of XP. I may just give it up as a bad idea and go to 2000, coz XP is just hopeless at installing drivers. All I wanna do is get my piccies from the memory card.

Cheers, anyways.:smashin:

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I have reinstalled XP several times at home and have never had any problems with drivers not being found automatically.
    Another option would be to run the software for the camcorder in 'compatability mode'.

Mark.