1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DCR TRV 33 replacement ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Muffleman, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Muffleman

Muffleman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

The Sony DCR TRV 33 is not in the current model lineup, although it is still available from some retailers.

However, is there a model in the current line-up that is the replacement ? And just as good ?

I've spent a few days reading posts, and it would seem that the current range of Sony's is somewhat inferior to the outgoing models ?

Thanks

Matt

2. dirt

dirt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know it's not that new, but I replaced my Sony TRV16E entry-level cam with a TRV950E.After watching the prices come slowly down over the course of 12 months from nearly a couple of grand to little over 1200 pounds.

I ran a pricerunner search for it and the cheapest by far was Highway Digital.This also included free next day delivery (to mainland UK).

To say I'm pleased with the quality increase would be such an understatement! Tho, the increase in complicated instructions is just about the same amount:laugh:

I would heartily recommend this 3-chip cam to anyone, without hesitation.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    I've got the older version of the 950, the TRV-900. I have to agree that it is a great quality camcorder, but be aware that it is a lot bigger than the TRV33.

Mark.

4. Muffleman

Muffleman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies.

Matt

5. Muffleman

Muffleman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My local Curry's (who I usually avoid like the plague !) had a TRV33. Just one left, and it was the one in the glass case.

Got 20% off so decided to go for it, still comes with 12month warranty so should be ok.

So I got the TRV 33 :D

And very good it is too !!!

Matt