1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dcr-pc350e

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by davidrees, Jan 25, 2005.

1. davidrees

davidrees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot load stills from Memory Stick Duo to my pc. None of the software packages recognise the camera as being attached to the H: drive (Removable disc). I guess that I have not set-up the system properly but haven't a clue how to rectify it. Any help would be gratefully received.
    David

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Are you connecting the USB cable? AFAIK stills have to go down the USB cable and not the firewire (that's for video capture)

3. davidrees

davidrees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    klr10
    Thanks very much for taking the time to respond. No, I do not have a USB cable attached. Does that mean that I have to keep swapping the cables over? If so, is there an adaptor available that would allow me to keep them both connected to the docking station?
    Thanks again for your help.
    David Rees

4. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Unfortunately I don't think there is such a thing as a docking station. We all have your problem, however unless you are a prolific photographer/videographer, it isn't too much of a problem. I think you need to connect one thing at a time anyway... ie USB for stills OR firewire for video, otherwise windows or your camera may get confused..... :eek: You can get an internal adaptor which brings the firewire and usb sockets to the front of the PC, but most people have the cables plugged into the back and lying on the desk ready to plug into the camera.

Good Luck, let us know how you get on,

K

5. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Klr10, I think David is referring to the docking station that comes with the Pc350e. :oops:
    David, have you tried permatations of having the camera switched on/off during re-boot of the PC?

6. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Oops sorry - I stand corrected :blush:

7. davidrees

davidrees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Brummy One. I did mean the docking station that came with the camera but I probably wasn't too clear. I note your idea about rebooting with the camera switched on or off. I'll give it a go. I presume that I will still need a seperate USB cable to download the stills though, so I'll have to find one of those first, I guess from Sony.
    Thanks again. David

8. davidrees

davidrees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear K,
    Thanks for responding again. I'm new to forums and am still learning how to be concise AND clear.
    David