Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DCR-HC18E - Help on Transferring video to Sony Laptop

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Riyazi, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Riyazi

Riyazi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Hi

I have a DCR-HC18E cam corder and I want to transfer the recorded video to my Sony Laptop. The imaging software that came with the camcorder doesnt give any indication of how to do this. I tried transferring through the USB cable but doesnt seem to be working. Would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out in this. Is there any special software that I need to install to transfer the video directly to the Laptop ?

2. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Transferring footage to PC from Canon MV300
    Ryan, look at the above link, this should answer your query. And it's written far better than I could (or could afford to :D ) explain.
    Phew, I hope that gets me the right side of the copyright :devil:

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,433
    :nono: On thin ice there Brummy, but I'll let you off this time :devil:

Oh and I couldn't get the link you posted to work, so Here's my (hopefully) working link to the thread.

Mark.

4. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Mark
    How did you do that? :blush: I clicked the insert hyperlink icon above, and copy & pasted the title into the dialog box. I take it this is not how it's done. :lease:
    Brum

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,433
    Not the way I do it anyway!
    Go to the titleof the thread you want to link to and right click on it. From the drop down menu select 'copy shortcut' and paste that into the reply - easy when you know how. :thumbsup:

Mark.

6. juliana

juliana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey!

I'm a total newbie on this board and in dealing with camcorders. A friend asked me to transfer the video he made to my computer. He too has a sony DCR-HC18E camcorder but we both couldn't find an option for transfering the video to computer, the only option that exists is to make a cd/dvd. The movie is too big for either of them. So now we're stuck. What do we do? Help!! :lease:

7. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,433
    Well it is a job that gets done in several steps:

1. capture the video to PC with a firewire connection. Any editing software will do this, such as the free Movie Maker software that is part of Windows XP
    2. Useing the same software as for the capture above edit out the bits you don't want and add effects etc
    3. Author the footage for DVD. Many of the latest editing programs include authoring, but alas Movie Maker does not. You can buy separate DVD authoring programs such as Ulead DVD MovieFactory for around £30. This compresses the video to fit on a disc and lets you add a menu & chapters.

Full help & support with useing Movie Maker 2 can be found
    Editing software can be downloaded for a free 30 day trial for Pinnacle Studio, Ulead Video Studio & Sony Vegus Studio from the relevent companies web sites.

Mark.