1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC10 and XP and Premier

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Cliff, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Cliff

Cliff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,740
    Using Windows 98 I could capture staight to Premier using the DC10+card. Now, with my new XP 2Ghz machine I can't.

Studio 7 with all the new XP drivers downloaded, works ok with the capture card so thats OK as far as Pinnacle are concerned.

I used to be able to use AMCAP (part of windows) to see the DC10+ capture menu. Now nothing!

I used to capture using the DC10 into premier then avisynth then TMPGE. Now it means using Studio to convert to an AVI file and import - which is not satisfactory.

Any ideas out there how to get my capture card working with Premier again?

2. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
  3. Cliff

Cliff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,740
    Thanks for the link. As usual 5000 other people are trying to do the same as me and have failed from what I can see. Yes you're right - Premier uses Video for Windows- Studio uses Direct Show.

Real pain as I use Premier( I use the alpha channel). So does this mean I have to capture in studio and export to premier using a(HUGE) AVI file (which compression?) or a DV file? then edit in Premier.

I frame serve using Avisyth to TMPG

Any comments - (Is there a clever way!)

4. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Cliff

I don't think there is a "clever way". If you capture with Studio 7 will the file not be accepted by Premier? I cannot test as although I have Premier I don't use it.

5. Cliff

Cliff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,740
    The DC10+capture card uses hardware compression to the MJPEG format.
    Premier does not recognise these files. If there was a plug in for premier so that it did we might be cooking gas!

6. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    The Pinnacle MJPEG codec can't be used with other applications. Try converting to DV-AVI.

7. Cliff

Cliff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,740
    I had a recent bit of success in solving this issue. From the Pinnacle forums I was able to download a Morgan Multimedia codec. This can be imported into Premier. You then capture the file using Studio - full stop. Open Premier and find the captured MJPEG file. Takes a lot of work to get the interlacing right. I had to invert the Morgan field sequence. Then experiment with the uppers and lowers in Premier and top and bottom in TPMGe. I have a few more grey hairs but at least I have eliminated a conversion!