DC / Marvel Animated Movie Discussion

Do we know if it's region free yet? I assume it is based on their previous releases.

Also, some comparison screenshots would be cool :)

Do we know if it's region free yet? I assume it is based on their previous releases.

Warners titles usually are.

Bri
As bri said all the Warner imports I had have been region free the last I had was the animated Wonder Woman which I thinks only 1 disc even though advertised some places as 2.

All Warner Archive releases are Region Free and 99.9% of Warner releases are Region Free.

Comparison shots can be found over on BD Forum.

As bri said all the Warner imports I had have been region free the last I had was the animated Wonder Woman which I thinks only 1 disc even though advertised some places as 2.

Is that the Commemorative Edition release of Wonder Woman? as I have the original release from 2009 and wondered how it compared.

All Warner Archive releases are Region Free and 99.9% of Warner releases are Region Free.

Comparison shots can be found over on BD Forum.

Is that the Commemorative Edition release of Wonder Woman? as I have the original release from 2009 and wondered how it compared.
I sent it back it was someone selling though Amazon no wonder it was cheap. I watched it Prime afterwards.
Just looked on Prime and thought they removed it but there now showing the Commemorative Edition.
This was the version sent me.

Attachments

• WW BBlu.jpg
    WW BBlu.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 64
I sent it back it was someone selling though Amazon no wonder it was cheap. I watched it Prime afterwards.
Just looked on Prime and thought they removed it but there now showing the Commemorative Edition.
This was the version sent me.

Ah that is the original release, I have the US version with the shiny silver slipcase lol

Thanks guys.

Would you say wowhd is the best place to order for the UK? Looks like it's gone to back order now.

Thanks guys.

Would you say wowhd is the best place to order for the UK? Looks like it's gone to back order now.

Well they are certainly the cheapest at just over £14 delivered, if you go with Amazon you will be looking at closer to £20

Batman and Harley Quinn felt like old school Bruce Timm and I personally loved it.

I watched an episode of Gotham last night. It reminded me of seeing Batman Year One recently. We were part of the way in when I realised that Bruce sounded just like Gotham's Jim Gordon. Sure enough it was Ben McKenzie.

Bri

We watched Batman and Harley Quinn last night. It was very funny. One of the best DC animations we've seen in a while.

Bri

We watched Batman and Harley Quinn last night. It was very funny. One of the best DC animations we've seen in a while.

Bri

I enjoyed it too (was like an unscene episode from TAS) but I know a lot didn't like it.

I saw this in HMV yesterday.

20180326_182506.jpg

It didn't ring any bells and I assumed it was a new release. Looking at the extras this morning it has a sneak peak at the next animated DC movie Son Of Batman. I've had SOB in my collection for ages so this is clearly a very old release. I was concerned that I may already have it. On checking it appears not but given my memory I'm a bit concerned it's there somewhere. Is this a re release or maybe a first time release in the UK? I don't want to unwrap it until I'm entirely sure I don't already have it.

Bri

Last edited:
I don’t believe it has had a U.K. Blu-ray release before, looks like HMV have got it to cash in on the release of Justice League.

I don’t believe it has had a U.K. Blu-ray release before, looks like HMV have got it to cash in on the release of Justice League.

Yes it certainly looks like a cash in. I thought it might be a UK first to tie in with the film's release yesterday. I'm pretty sure the only DC animation I've imported was the JL New Frontier blu. Also I don't recall seeing Captain Marvel in a JL animation line up before. Sorry that's Shazam these days.

Bri

It’s based in the New 52 which hasn’t gone down too well with some fans but I enjoyed it well enough and added the US release to my collection long ago, currently have them all from Superman: Doomsday to Batman: Gotham by Gaslight.

It’s based in the New 52 which hasn’t gone down too well with some fans but I enjoyed it well enough and added the US release to my collection long ago, currently have them all from Superman: Doomsday to Batman: Gotham by Gaslight.

I don't have Gaslight yet but I think I have most of the other animations. I'd like to see a follow-up to JL Gods And Monsters.

Bri

I don't have Gaslight yet but I think I have most of the other animations. I'd like to see a follow-up to JL Gods And Monsters.

Bri

Teen Titans vs Justice League was the follow up as was Justice League Dark but guess you mean a primary JL only film.

My bad had the wrong JL film in mind, they did a few episodes of Gods and Monsters did you watch those?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom