DC Digital TV / BuyTVDirect.co.uk

deboy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Buytvdirect.co.uk used to operate (until 11th july 2018) as DCDigitalTV.co.uk
(The address and phone number for this businesses are the same.)

Please read on to learn more about my experience with them and look up DCDigitalTv.co.uk up on TrustPilot.

They have been the most frustrating company to deal with. I had issues getting a refund from them for an order that was cancelled before it had even been shipped.

On 21st june they accepted my cancellation request for an order from 14th June that hadnt shipped and advised via email that they would provide a refund within 14 days via bank transfer.

No refund was received by 5th July so I attempted to contact via phone and email. On the rare occasion I got through on the phone I was only able to speak to reception. They will not pass calls onto the relevant department but advised they would ask someone to call me back. No call back received.

When I emailed I received automated response saying a reply would be expected in 24-48 hours. Follow up emails to my requests would then apologize and advise that a cheque would be posted.

When questioned as to why no update wase received on why my refund was over the agreed 14days and not via the agreed bank transfer method.

Further calls to reception (twice a day) uncovered that they would only provide refund by cheque but they did not confirm when this would be sent. I continued to push for a bank transfer (as is my right as this was the original method of payment) but an email from their finance team advised that their bank advised them against this.

In order to resolve the matter I sent a 'letter in advance of small claims' (template can be found on which.co.uk site) and posted updates of my experience on Trustpilot in an effort to gain their attention as no conformation of bank transfer or cheque being posted was received and the case was now 7 days over the agreed 14 day refund period.

This appeared to work as I received a call on 12th july from a senior person in the company. I'll not go into detail of what was discussed on the call as it was heated at times and not a pleasant experience.
They started by saying they had done nothing wrong and that the refund was processed within 14 days, and a cheque had been posted 2 days ago. I pointed out that no confirmation had been provided, that even if it had been posted 2days ago that it was still outside the 14 day period, and that the method was not the same as that used for payment. The person only then apologised and advised that this had been an administrative error on their part and to look out for the cheque in the post.

Within the hour a follow up email was received from the company apoloisiapo again and confirming that a bank transfer was on its way.

I'm relieved that this ordeal is now over but thought it necessary to share my experience. I hope that this is an isolated incident.

Please learn from my experience and do your research before committing to buy. If you do chose to purchase from them then be cautious about using the bank transfer option.

Last edited:
Did you pay by credit card?

I've had the same issues. Paying by direct bank transfer put you in a vulnerable position.

And yes, until last week they were DC Digital TV, so beware the change of name...a leopard doesn;t change itis spots!

Citizen's Advice gave me good advice about how to proceed. I'd recommend CAB if you want to make sure you pursue the legal route correctly. No doubt we'll hear more Buy TV Direct reviews over time.

Buytvdirect.co.uk used to operate (until 11th july 2018) as DCDigitalTV.co.uk
(The address and phone number for this businesses are the same.)

Please read on to learn more about my experience with them and look up DCDigitalTv.co.uk up on TrustPilot.

They have been the most frustrating company to deal with. I had issues getting a refund from them for an order that was cancelled before it had even been shipped.

On 21st june they accepted my cancellation request for an order from 14th June that hadnt shipped and advised via email that they would provide a refund within 14 days via bank transfer.

No refund was received by 5th July so I attempted to contact via phone and email. On the rare occasion I got through on the phone I was only able to speak to reception. They will not pass calls onto the relevant department but advised they would ask someone to call me back. No call back received.

When I emailed I received automated response saying a reply would be expected in 24-48 hours. Follow up emails to my requests would then apologize and advise that a cheque would be posted.

When questioned as to why no update wase received on why my refund was over the agreed 14days and not via the agreed bank transfer method.

Further calls to reception (twice a day) uncovered that they would only provide refund by cheque but they did not confirm when this would be sent. I continued to push for a bank transfer (as is my right as this was the original method of payment) but an email from their finance team advised that their bank advised them against this.

In order to resolve the matter I sent a 'letter in advance of small claims' (template can be found on which.co.uk site) and posted updates of my experience on Trustpilot in an effort to gain their attention as no conformation of bank transfer or cheque being posted was received and the case was now 7 days over the agreed 14 day refund period.

This appeared to work as I received a call on 12th july from a senior person in the company. I'll not go into detail of what was discussed on the call as it was heated at times and not a pleasant experience.
They started by saying they had done nothing wrong and that the refund was processed within 14 days, and a cheque had been posted 2 days ago. I pointed out that no confirmation had been provided, that even if it had been posted 2days ago that it was still outside the 14 day period, and that the method was not the same as that used for payment. The person only then apologised and advised that this had been an administrative error on their part and to look out for the cheque in the post.

Within the hour a follow up email was received from the company apoloisiapo again and confirming that a bank transfer was on its way.

I'm relieved that this ordeal is now over but thought it necessary to share my experience. I hope that this is an isolated incident.

Please learn from my experience and do your research before committing to buy. If you do chose to purchase from them then be cautious about using the bank transfer option.

Hello deboy . I am going through the same thing with this company right now !!. Ordered a TV from them on 28th July and it never arrived . They kept sending emails with a date for delivery and then the day before would email to say sorry TV was damaged putting it on the van !! . In the end they said I could choose a different TV or get a refund but would take 14 days to be refunded . Have emailed them saying why should I wait 14 days for the money when i didn't receive the goods in the first place . They just keep saying its consumer law ?? . Unfortunately I paid by bank transfer and I'm not feeling confident that they will give me my money back on day 14 which will be August 29th. I have downloaded the template you used and will send them that if no joy .Could you tell me if you posted the letter to their address or did you email the letter through? Thanks in advance .

Did you pay by credit card?

Strangely enough when you try to pay by Credit Card there is always an "error and should be resolved soon", so if you really want the item, you are forced to do a bank transfer. Has been like this for over a year. Interesting to see if this is still the case on the godigitalwarehouse site.

I've had the same issues. Paying by direct bank transfer put you in a vulnerable position.

And yes, until last week they were DC Digital TV, so beware the change of name...a leopard doesn;t change itis spots!

Citizen's Advice gave me good advice about how to proceed. I'd recommend CAB if you want to make sure you pursue the legal route correctly. No doubt we'll hear more Buy TV Direct reviews over time.

I had the same experience as you Deboy when I bought from DC Digital, then changed to Buytvdirect and now called godigitalwarehouse…...I think people need to know. I wrote reviews on TrustPilot and their only answer was that I needed to show proof that I bought off the other two Companies which I did in essence but did not have any paperwork showing the other two Companies' names on. What a farce. You are right about CAB/Trading Standards. The procedure is quite simple if anyone thinks it is worth going down that route. I spent £1500 on a product that was damaged on arrival. They have accused me of damaging the goods myself despite sending photos which were date stamped and had the location on where the goods were unpacked. I am 60 years old and they must think I am wonderwoman to unpack a 65" screen tv by myself.....They ....do not deserve to be in business.

Last edited by a moderator:
WARNING: DC Digital Entertainment's new website Tradelectronics.co.uk went live today. Stay away:

This website is operated by a company called DC Digital Entertainment Ltd. based in Poole Dorset. They have run several sites over the past few years (GoDigitalWarehouse.co.uk, DCDigital.co.uk, BuyTVDirect.co.uk, DCDigitalTV.co.uk) which you can check reviews for and see how reputable they are. Basically sell "graded" products which could be floor models / returns etc. Be warned, they do not consider items like TV stands "essential items". If you happen to get a decent product, you are lucky. If not, good luck trying to get a refund. I was sold faulty TV, had to send it back to them at my own cost and then they refused to refund. Eventually had to take them to court to get my money back. They actively try to shut down negative reviews on sites like Trust Pilot and will threaten you with legal action for defamation (its all a joke). Companies like this should not be allowed to exist.

I have fallen foul to these people, mainly thanks to trust pilot taking down most of the bad reviews. I cannot believe they are allowed to trade. Have tried all avenues apart from the legal side. Would appreciate any information from people that have taken legal action on them. Have managed to track down the individuals involved..... Trading standards are not any help, going to contact the Poole MP to see if they can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom