Answered DC Digital Entertainment Ltd

A9211

Novice Member
Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has bought from dcdigitaltv.co.uk and had any issues?

I ask as their products are all graded and so at very exceptional prices and with 5 year warranty. I'm guessing it's pot luck as to what issues may come with it or develop later. However if any should arise, has anyone had any experience with their customer service? Pool is a long distance from the Midlands, so it's not like a trip back down to Curry's.

Being cautious as I've just bought a fiesta for 3k and is only good for braking, my S6 edge 128, I paid 470 for has only lasted me a year and no one will touch it here for repairs as it's an asian model. So I'm not really having a great time here atm.

Now my TV's gone as well, it's been a mare. Should have been abroad right now but had to cancel and spending my Annual leave sorting all this lot out

deaks1984

Novice Member
Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has bought from dcdigitaltv.co.uk and had any issues?

I ask as their products are all graded and so at very exceptional prices and with 5 year warranty. I'm guessing it's pot luck as to what issues may come with it or develop later. However if any should arise, has anyone had any experience with their customer service? Pool is a long distance from the Midlands, so it's not like a trip back down to Curry's.

Being cautious as I've just bought a fiesta for 3k and is only good for braking, my S6 edge 128, I paid 470 for has only lasted me a year and no one will touch it here for repairs as it's an asian model. So I'm not really having a great time here atm.

Now my TV's gone as well, it's been a mare. Should have been abroad right now but had to cancel and spending my Annual leave sorting all this lot out
I'm also wondering the same? Did you take the plunge?

A9211

Novice Member
I'm also wondering the same? Did you take the plunge?
If it was just for me, even with my bad luck ATM, I might have gone for it. But grade A only. But as I live with my folks and I don't know how long I'll be here, I don't want them potentially going through a load of hassle just because I wanted to save some money.

Not saying they're bad, I don't have experience with them hence asking here. And it's pot luck like I said. Could buy a set from Curry's and could break down in 6 months. So I guess I paid for the security knowing if anything went wrong I know I'm covered and there will potentially be less hassle getting things sorted.

I got my TV from richer sounds. Their customer service is good in store. Possibly a reflection on their claims dept? I bought my previous TV off them, but have never had to claim under warranty. They are also giving a generous 6 years - on most if not it seems all TV's! Plus they have stores dotted around the country. I have a choice of three nearby if I needed to give them an earful in person

However if you end up using them, or indeed anyone else that comes across this post that have experience with them (mainly looking at post sale care / customer service) then please do let us know. Would be helpful for future reference.

hugoagogo69

Hey guys

I have just had a nightmare with this company so i implore anyone, never to use this cowboy.

I purchased a TV for £450 and it Was described as in perfect working order and graded A-. Just over a week I had it delivered. Got the thing set up and right away there was a mark on the middle of the screen which turned out to go right through to the Led. That was only the beginning, it was meant to be 4k and 3d. The HD and sd pictures were fine but I tried sky q and it didn't work in 4k, I even tried it with a new high speed hdmi but no luck. Turned out the 3d had no picture also, just a flickering green band across the screen and also the native apps would not stream in 4k, HD or sd, I was fuming and was reflected in my email to him.
He tried to say to me it was in the description that it could be chipped which it didn't. I referred him to his own description on his website which I luckily took a screenshot of as later on that day, the description had changed.(I will post the screenshots of the differing descriptions as evidence)
He just said to me, send it back for a full refund, which he meant at my expense. I said to him why should I and I sent him the screenshot of his changed description. He said he was in the area the next day and would come and get it. I said I was working all day but would be available the next day. He said he won't come the next day. Fell silent for a few days, then said he would collect on the Thursday, heard nothing, spoke to him on the phone, he then said he would send an engineer, nothing happened and by then I had had enough, so I arranged for parelforce to collect it, I packed it the best I could, they delivered it and a few days later I got it back with a smashed Led screen.
I know I don't have a leg to stand on, but at least I can warn others to stay well away from this cowboy of a man.

I have uploaded the screenshots of his item descriptions and the first one from earlier that day Said the item was in perfect working order.
Later in the day, it was strangely missing.

Attachments

portugaligor

Novice Member
Oh no! Not this seller! For several months ongoing conflict with it. The same scenario as hugoagogo69. He sends damaged goods in a terrible state. After a long correspondence offers to return the goods at my expense. Then he said that the product was poorly packaged and crashed on my reason. Met on the forums several similar stories from this seller. Be careful!

hugoagogo69

Oh no! Not this seller! For several months ongoing conflict with it. The same scenario as hugoagogo69. He sends damaged goods in a terrible state. After a long correspondence offers to return the goods at my expense. Then he said that the product was poorly packaged and crashed on my reason. Met on the forums several similar stories from this seller. Be careful!
Interesting, very interesting.

I am going to be phoning the consumer advice line to see if trading standards can do anything about this Dominic Colombo. Will let you know how I get on.

A9211

Novice Member
Feeling the pain guys - just lost a few £K on a car I bought and no leg to stand on. But thanks for the input. At least we know to be very vigilant at the least (if not walking away) about these "great" deals.

deaks1984

Novice Member
Hmm. I took the plunge. It arrived yesterday, I did exactly as the website recommended and set the TV up and plugged in before I signed the delivery off, also checked for dead pixels etc.
The TV was still factory packaged not a mark on it.
So far the TV is fine. The saving I have made was substantial when next to well know retailers, probably around 30%.
Although voluntary communication wasn't very forthcoming. When I emailed Dominic directly he always replied. I spoke to him on the phone on Monday to obtain delivery details and he seemed very credible but then again they always do don't they?
I just hope the TV doesn't go on the blink anytime soon now. I have had previous instances where I have been duped and as a previous poster has already said, I feel your pain guys.

Omno

Novice Member
Hey deaks1984. What did you buy from them? I just made a purchase recently as well and am waiting for it to arrive. Also, was the courier funny about waiting for you to test before you signed off? Thanks :)

deaks1984

Novice Member
Hey deaks1984. What did you buy from them? I just made a purchase recently as well and am waiting for it to arrive. Also, was the courier funny about waiting for you to test before you signed off? Thanks :)
It was a 65 inch Curved 7 series Samsung, so you can imagine the panic whilst I was waiting.
The courier was palletways and the guy was brilliant he hung around for 10-15 minutes whilst I checked it.
I'm just thankful it's turned up and all is good so far.

Omno

Novice Member
Television showed up today, in a seriously well packed box. KS9000 49 inch, absolutely perfect condition. Courier stuck around until I was satisfied, took about ten minutes. Saved around 40% buying this way. No complaints, only minor quibbles are the back panel wasn't in the box to keep the cables hidden and for some bizarre reason they sent it via Parcelforce, despite Parcelforce having a clear policy around lack of insurance on televisions. Hardly worth 400-ish quid though getting it new from a high street shop.

A9211

Novice Member
Cool, thanks guys. I guess it's pot luck. I suppose I'd be very vigilant and if I did pick up the courage to buy from them It would only be the grade A stuff.

But I need to wait for my run of bad luck to finish before I even contemplate on any risk. I've even stopped betting on the football recently lol. And it's killing me!

Hazzer14

Novice Member
Well just to put my 2p in I have been trying to get an 65q9f qled. I was let down by John Lewis disappointed as this was a TV over 4K
DC had one on their site for £3299 1k cheaper.

I am not far from them as I am in Southampton so I asked them if I could have a look at the TV in person.

Kamil the warehouse guy took one out of the box and let me inspect it fully. They connected it to the wifi and I had a play with it. Cracking TV they boxed it back up and I took it home.

Saved myself a grand so I am very happy. Nice warehouse and the office manager Claire gave me a coffee while I was waiting. Outstanding all round.

hype_male

Please, please and please stay away from the company. I bought a TV from them last week described as manufacturer refurbished as new working order. TV was delivered via courier and on inspection of the TV the TV had pixel line all over the screen, image is dark on one side of the screen, there is 13cm wide black bar mark on the screen from top to button, the TV had a cracked screen. They connect to pack the accessories in the box so had to have it delivered separately.

With crack screen is hard to know if it was the seller or damaged in transit by the courier.

When I contact them to report that the TV they sent me is not as described or pictured in the auction listing. They immediately blame the courier company and I was called a scammer.

I bought other items from them which they need not advertise so i made the mistake of sending them all the money together via paypal gift. Now I have no buyer protection through eBay or PayPal. Dc digital don't wanna know they courier company don't wanna know as though I payed for loss or damages cover the TV is a prohibited itemail (due to the size and damage potential) so can't put a claim in.

hype_male

Hey guys

I have just had a nightmare with this company so i implore anyone, never to use this cowboy.

I purchased a TV for £450 and it Was described as in perfect working order and graded A-. Just over a week I had it delivered. Got the thing set up and right away there was a mark on the middle of the screen which turned out to go right through to the Led. That was only the beginning, it was meant to be 4k and 3d. The HD and sd pictures were fine but I tried sky q and it didn't work in 4k, I even tried it with a new high speed hdmi but no luck. Turned out the 3d had no picture also, just a flickering green band across the screen and also the native apps would not stream in 4k, HD or sd, I was fuming and was reflected in my email to him.
He tried to say to me it was in the description that it could be chipped which it didn't. I referred him to his own description on his website which I luckily took a screenshot of as later on that day, the description had changed.(I will post the screenshots of the differing descriptions as evidence)
He just said to me, send it back for a full refund, which he meant at my expense. I said to him why should I and I sent him the screenshot of his changed description. He said he was in the area the next day and would come and get it. I said I was working all day but would be available the next day. He said he won't come the next day. Fell silent for a few days, then said he would collect on the Thursday, heard nothing, spoke to him on the phone, he then said he would send an engineer, nothing happened and by then I had had enough, so I arranged for parelforce to collect it, I packed it the best I could, they delivered it and a few days later I got it back with a smashed Led screen.
I know I don't have a leg to stand on, but at least I can warn others to stay well away from this cowboy of a man.

I have uploaded the screenshots of his item descriptions and the first one from earlier that day Said the item was in perfect working order.
Later in the day, it was strangely missing.
Did they give you your money back

Member 783148

Novice Member
I thought it would be a good idea to give balance to this post due to it being very one sided.
The customer complained of HDMI and compatibility issues with SKY Q. We booked a collection but no one was home at the arranged time. As this was a failed collection with no cancellation from the customer he was told to return the goods for a full refund. He refused and said it was our responsibility. We then offered for a local Panasonic dealer to inspect it. Before this was arranged he returned the item to us without any notice. He sent this by Parcelforce (58" tv)with absolutely no packing in the box. This item did not even reach our warehouse and was reported as smashed at the local Parcelforce depot as glass was falling out. The buyer was fully aware of this as he had a letter from Parcelforce. Unfortunately he is obviously disgruntled as his TV was smashed but this was not our fault as we did not pack the item. We do however wish the customer all the best for the future.

Please note we do not sell on ebay or auctions this is an error we only sell on our web site www.dcdigitaltv.co.uk
you have got us confused with an ebay seller of a similar name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stone Rose

Novice Member
Hi I have tried calling around 30 times regarding my refund. I have been told it was sent via recorded delivery on Monday order ref is 2469. Can you call me as requested regards Stuart

Stone Rose

Novice Member
Hmm. I took the plunge. It arrived yesterday, I did exactly as the website recommended and set the TV up and plugged in before I signed the delivery off, also checked for dead pixels etc.
The TV was still factory packaged not a mark on it.
So far the TV is fine. The saving I have made was substantial when next to well know retailers, probably around 30%.
Although voluntary communication wasn't very forthcoming. When I emailed Dominic directly he always replied. I spoke to him on the phone on Monday to obtain delivery details and he seemed very credible but then again they always do don't they?
I just hope the TV doesn't go on the blink anytime soon now. I have had previous instances where I have been duped and as a previous poster has already said, I feel your pain guys.
Hi what is his direct email address please. Regards Stuart

Member 783148

Novice Member
Hi I have tried calling around 30 times regarding my refund. I have been told it was sent via recorded delivery on Monday order ref is 2469. Can you call me as requested regards Stuart
Hi Stuart it is Mike from DC DIG we will give you a call shortly to help. Sorry but phone lines have been very busy lately due to our very competitive pricing.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Television showed up today, in a seriously well packed box. KS9000 49 inch, absolutely perfect condition. Courier stuck around until I was satisfied, took about ten minutes. Saved around 40% buying this way. No complaints, only minor quibbles are the back panel wasn't in the box to keep the cables hidden and for some bizarre reason they sent it via Parcelforce, despite Parcelforce having a clear policy around lack of insurance on televisions. Hardly worth 400-ish quid though getting it new from a high street shop.
Very odd - you joined just to post on this thread.
BTW, worth looking at this:
Dc Digital Entertainment Ltd in Parkstone POOLE - BH14 9BY
Business address is c/o a small accountant. They don't even have their own address.

Member 783148

Novice Member
Our warehouse address is Unit B Willis Way, Poole BH15 3SS
That is our trading address. Our registered office is our accountants which is normal business practice so company and tax documents go direct to the accountants. You would know that if you had any idea how a business operates. :thumbsup:

JJ11331

Novice Member
Sorry for digging this up, just thought I would share my experience for others that Google them.

I ordered a TV from them on March 17th which was delivered March 22nd. the TV was faulty on delivery (HDMI inputs did not work). Had to chase them for weeks to get an RMA number. Item was returned April 6th at my own expense.

To this point I have still not recieved a refund or a replacement item. My emails have been majorly ignored and I cannot get anyone on the phone.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
There are multiple Building Bs, three that I have found so far including on that is to let.

JJ11331

Novice Member
Update: After all this they actually resolved my issue today with a full refund. Seems it was an accounting oversight as a refund was authorised quite some time ago, guess it happens. They were quick to respond once they discovered what had happened.

Hazds

Novice Member
I purchased a Samsung washing machine from them which arrived on 26th April way more damaged than described, they said to return for full refund. I did this and know they have received it, but no sign of my refund. Now I can't get them to answer the phone. Very frustrated

Sunshinewelly

Glad I read this thread. Rather pay a bit more for a new set. The 5 year guarantee clearly is not worth the paper it's written on

holaadios

Novice Member
I received a TV, Samsung, which was way too damaged (pic attached). How this can be classed as grade A- is beyond me. Make me waste my time and lose money having to return it. On top of this, the packaging was just a joke, not professional at all in my experience.

Telly2.jpeg

Rocky Rockstar

Novice Member
OK I am going to edit my original post as the matter has now been fully resolved.

At the end of the day using “internet” companies like this can be great as there are bargains to be had, but ultimately there is always a ‘risk’. For me the risk didn’t pay off, but for others I am sure it will. I have been fully refunded so I am not out of pocket. In the end it was all resolved amicably.

Last edited:

Trending threads

Latest news

Netflix to drop support for older Roku players on December 1st
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th October 2019
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Linn unveils Series 3 wireless speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published