1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC Cha Cha Amigo Controllers: rubbish?!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by anephric, Oct 17, 2003.

1. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    hi,

I've recently bought some Cha Cha Amigo (3rd party) controllers for Dreamcast Samba De Amigo from Lik-sang.com (despite their draconian returns policy) and found (to my lingering dismay) that they're ABSOLUTE BOBBINS!

Truly dire. I've played with the official Sega ones and you can't compare; these barely work in comparison. They certainly seem to only recognise about one movement in three and anything approaching the lower half of your body -- forget it -- won't recognise it. I got so frustrated i considered eating them, but they're plastic and would hurt my delicate mouth.

I've set them up correctly and played around with their positioning etc, all to no avail.

Anyone else had a problem with these things? I want to send them back to Lik Sang, and have told them this by email, but I reckon i won't get any joy.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

regards,
    anephric

2. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Unfortunately they are a bit hit and miss but are the only alternative for those without the official ones.

I now have 3 pairs of the cha chas but one was knackered the day I got it (from Lik-Sang too).

The good news is that all you need to do is go down to Maplins ans buy a new receiver unit or something for a couple of quid and they'll be better than new.

3. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    ta for the advice.

regards,
    anephric

4. Keitaro

Keitaro

Products Owned: